cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get a refund

Sefket N Member Since: Dec 23, 2013
1 of 49
If someone fails to get your project done, how can you get a refund from oDesk? Thank you, Sefket
Ayesha S Member Since: Nov 22, 2009
2 of 49
Hi Sefket, I'm sorry you are having trouble with your freelancer. You can directly ask them to refund the money. If they refuse, please contact Customer Support.
oDesk Forum Moderator Always reach for the skies, for even if you fall, you'll still be on the top of the world...
Davina P Member Since: Sep 28, 2016
3 of 49

I need help . A freelancer cancelled a job without notice a day before she was due to submit.They  had missed the milestones that we mutually agreed on and I asked Upwork to intervene  after they  missed the milestone becausee I got a  'funny feeling' about  her.  They never responded. She has excellent credentials on her profile and seemed to be a perfect match for my project. A day before the due date-which she set for herself having missed the milestones, I get a note  from Upsource saying the contract has ended because freelancer has no time to meet the deadline. Begs the question whether they ever intended to.I had not paid her any money but had  partly funded the project in tranches based on meeting the milestones. Afte sending her my  angry feedback, I am trying to contact Upwork to get a refund for the non-completed.Actually no work was done. I cannot get a ticket , the customer care site has been off line for days [unless I am using the wrong site] work and the email address that I am using keeps referring me back to this non fucntional site to get a non existant ticket.Its been a week and I am wondering if Upwork believes that my deposit is refundable at their own discretion , in their own sweet time. I actually imagned that the money would instantly revert to my account when the contract was cancelled! HELP! I need guidance and savvy from those who have been using this service for longer than I have.

Thanks 

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 49

Hi Davina,

I am sorry the freelancer wasn't able to complete the job.

As for the refund, it has already been processed and should show on your credit card within 3 days. When the freelancer closes contract with funds in Escrow, those funds are automatically returned to the client. You can check by going to Reports> Transactions.

Could you please let me know if you see options to contact support in the Help Center?

~ Valeria
Untitled
Grace T Member Since: Dec 11, 2016
5 of 49

Hi Valeria

Upwork took $600 deposit from me but i would like to cancel it because i realised the amount was $851 instead for some reason. Please tell me how can i get a refund / release the money back into my bank account?

Thanks 

Grace

6 of 49

Hi Grace,

I see that you already closed the contract and requested the refund from Escrow. The freelancer will need to approve the request and have the money refunded back to your payment method, or they could dispute.

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Damon P Member Since: May 16, 2019
7 of 49

They do US dollars for some reason. Like the world revolves around US dollar and they can't convert, which is confusing.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
8 of 49

Hi Damon, 

I'm sorry to learn that this has been an inconvenience for you. I would like to note however that this is a thread from last year, but if you need assistance with anything, I'm here to help you. 

I wanted to confirm that all rates on Upwork are always in U.S. Dollars. However, if you are residing in either Canada, Australia, and Great Britain, Upwork will default charging your Visa, MasterCard, or American Express cards in your local currency. You may read more about it here

-Avery
Untitled
David R Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
9 of 49

hi the customer support link is down would it be okay to send me the number by email or in the replies

10 of 49

Hi David,

I see you have already submitted a ticket to support. Somebody will get back to you via that ticket as soon as possible.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS