🐈
» Forums » Clients » How to get back my escrow amount?
Page options
775c6251
Community Member

How to get back my escrow amount?

Hi there.

I had hired one freelancer in this marketplace. but unfortunately the freelancer can't provide me quality of work what i exactly want. for this reason i cancelled the project and sent dispute. but the problem is he can't accept my dispute rather he asking me to release the milestone money. what can i do now. I don;t like to pay him because he didn't provide me quality work.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Juwel,

When you send a request for a refund your freelancer will have 7 days to respond. If he accepts it the funds will be transferred to you, if he rejects the request a dispute will be opened. If no actions are taken from his end after 7 days the funds will be released to you as well. To learn more about this check out this Help Article. If you have any additional questions feel free to post them here, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Juwel,

When you send a request for a refund your freelancer will have 7 days to respond. If he accepts it the funds will be transferred to you, if he rejects the request a dispute will be opened. If no actions are taken from his end after 7 days the funds will be released to you as well. To learn more about this check out this Help Article. If you have any additional questions feel free to post them here, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I sent dispute request to him, But he don't accept rather he demanding money to me. and filled dispute against me. what can I do in this situation???

Hi Juwel,

Upon checking, our team is still on the process of investigating the dispute. We will update you as soon as the decision has been made. Thanks!

~ Jo-An

Untitled
bobafett999
Community Member

@Juwel S wrote:

Hi there.

I had hired one freelancer in this marketplace. but unfortunately the freelancer can't provide me quality of work what i exactly want. for this reason i cancelled the project and sent dispute. but the problem is he can't accept my dispute rather he asking me to release the milestone money. what can i do now. I don;t like to pay him because he didn't provide me quality work.

How much did you pay?  **Edited for Community Guidelines**

**Edited for Community Guidelines** In real life if you hire some one to work for you what would you do?  Take back his salary and then fire him or pay him for the time he spent and then fire him?  In a service oriented output it is a wrong notion to equate it with buying stuff from Walmart.

Prashant is right.

Speaking strictly from a business and economic perspective, it is kind of silly to try to avoid paying people for their work. It costs more in time and resources to do that than to simply pay them and send them on their way and be done with it.

When clients try to avoid paying a freelancer for poor quality work, it is an emotional decision, and not a business decision.

(I'm speaking generally, of course, and NOT referring to original poster Juwel.)

Latest Articles
Learning Paths