🐈
» Forums » Clients » How to get refund for ammount deposited but n...
Page options
giorgos120
Community Member

How to get refund for ammount deposited but never assigned since contract was not completed

So... I created a job today, for the ammount of 50$.

One frelancer bided for it, but he bidded for 100$ seperated on milestones.

I didn't understood that. So the offer I made to him was  for $50.00, and I paid (funded) it to escow.

But, afterwards I spoke with the freelancer, we saw that we did not agreed to theese terms, and so... He didnt agreed and the wholle proposal was declined and canceled.

Afterwards I found an other frelancer, we agreed with him at 100$ and upwork make me pay again the ammount of $100 for this new contract.

My question is, where are now the first 50$ from the first declined offer. I didn't recieved them back on my account, nor I have them on my account balance which shows that is 0$

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LuiggiR

Hi George,

I checked and can confirm that you should be getting a refund for the first $50 you paid. Note that if a contract has not yet started and an offer is withdrawn, rejected, or expired, any funds deposited into escrow will be refunded. Refunds can take up to five business days to be credited. You can check this help article to learn more.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
LuiggiR

Hi George,

I checked and can confirm that you should be getting a refund for the first $50 you paid. Note that if a contract has not yet started and an offer is withdrawn, rejected, or expired, any funds deposited into escrow will be refunded. Refunds can take up to five business days to be credited. You can check this help article to learn more.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Thank you  Luiggi.

So There is no other action needed from my side. Correct? So, after 5 or more days,  I will see that ammount returned in my bank account, or in my upwork balance?

Hi George,

You are correct, there's no additional action for you to take. The funds should be returned to your original payment method. If by any chance you don't see it after five business days, please let us know.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Thank you Luiggi. You were very helpfull.

Will the refund happen automatically? Or we have to initiate it by clicking a button?

Hi Godwin,

The funds you're referring to have already been refunded back to your bank account. However, please keep in mind that it can take up to 5 business days for the funds to be loaded on your account. 
If you haven't received your funds after 5 business days, feel free to follow up here and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths