🐈
» Forums » Clients » How to grant a freelancer the right to create...
Page options
odeskos
Community Member

How to grant a freelancer the right to create milestones and release payments to other freelancers

Hello,

I'm looking to have a VA/Project manager freelancer who will manage a team of writers. Both the VA and the writers are freelancers hired on Upwork. I'd like to grant the VA rights to setup milestones and release payments to the writers. I will be the one creating the contracts and hiring the writers, the VA will only create milestones and release payments.

How to do this?

I've already hired the VA and the writers, and they're all on the same Team.

8 REPLIES 8
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi John,

To learn more about adding members as part of your team check out our guide on Add or Remove Team Members. In our guide you will also see the permissions explained on what type of an access it will give your freelancers. If you have any additional questions feel free to post them here, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Your guide doesn't give any... guidance. What permissions do I need to set for the VA? Here's what I have set now, and the VA can't see the writer's contract nor add milestones/release payments.

upwork_writers.png

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi John, 

You will need to grant full Hiring, or full Admin permissions so that your team members can execute the tasks you have noted. 

Team permissions.png

~ Avery
Upwork
odeskos
Community Member

I have granted Full Hiring rights - did you not look at the image I have attached above?

odeskos
Community Member

I have granted Full Hiring rights to the VA and they still can't see the writer's contract and manage the writer's milestones.

mtngigi
Community Member

@John S wrote:

I have granted Full Hiring rights to the VA and they still can't see the writer's contract and manage the writer's milestones.

John, I've flagged your post so hopefully a mod will be along soon to help you out.

Hi John,

I checked your VA's account and and she can see the contract with the freelancer who's part of the team she has Full Hiring permissions to manage. She won't be able to manage contracts with freelancers who are part of the other team as she doesn't have Full Hiring permissions for that team.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thank you, Valeria!

I have notified my VA that everything should be working and if she still can't access the freelancer's contract she should contact support to receive the necessary guidance as there's nothing more I can do from my end.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths