🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: How to hire freelancer?
Page options
degr
Community Member

How to hire freelancer?

Hi all, I can't understand how to hire freelancer.

From my opinion, I already did it, and pay for it. But I can't understand what's going on in system. There is related screenshots:

From this one I can see, that I hire one guy. If I click on this panel, it redirect me to next screenshot

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Where I can see "Offers (1)" and "Hired (0)". Dunno why second screen show hired 0, if first one show hired 1.

On this screen I can see that I transfer 50$ to upwork, but it is not payed to this guy, and I'm waiting while he will start to work. I did it on sunday (14-04-2019)

In monday, I receive this email :

And this email follow me to this popup:

Which follow me to next page and next popup. And here, system request additional 50$. I can't understand, will I pay twice?

This is my transaction history, where I can see, that I already pay, and I don't want to pay second time:

Please help, absolutely confused with this system, can't understand what shall I do, to hire freelancer and without any additional payments.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Roman,

I checked your job and can confirm that your freelancer still hasn't been hired, they will need to accept the offer that you sent and a contract will be formed. 

The charges you`re seeing on your transactions page are for the funds in Escrow, to learn more about this check out this Help Article

To learn more about Upwork you can also check out our recourses Here and Here. If you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Roman,

I checked your job and can confirm that your freelancer still hasn't been hired, they will need to accept the offer that you sent and a contract will be formed. 

The charges you`re seeing on your transactions page are for the funds in Escrow, to learn more about this check out this Help Article

To learn more about Upwork you can also check out our recourses Here and Here. If you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Please confirm that I understand you correct:

1. I pay to upwork

2. I send offer to freelancer

3. I shall wait while he think - work or not

4.1. If he will accept offer, I shall wait while work will be done

4.2. If he will not accpet, I shall send offer to another guy

And now I'm on step 3 - "waiting"

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Roman,

Yes that is correct. For fixed price contracts the funds are funded in escrow when you`re sending an offer. If the freelancer does not accept it or you withdraw it the funds will be returned back to your account, and you can always send an offer to another freelancer as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Roman S wrote:

Please confirm that I understand you correct:

1. I pay to upwork

2. I send offer to freelancer

3. I shall wait while he think - work or not

4.1. If he will accept offer, I shall wait while work will be done

Above you are missing the most important part: Discussing the job with the freelancer before you send an offer. Did you do that?

degr
Community Member

Yes, we talk with him, and I can said more - it was his initiative, but now he did not respond to my messages from yesterday. Ok, thx to all, I will wait couple days more.

Roman S wrote:

If you decide to hire a different freelancer before your first job offer has expired or been declined by the freelancer, remember to cancel the first job offer. Otherwise the first freelancer could still accept it, and you could find that you've hired two freelancers.

After the first offer been cancelled, declined or expired, it can take up to 5 working days for the $50 in escrow to be refunded to you. If you make another job offer during that time, the new offer will have to funded with additional money. You can't transfer the original $50 directly from one job offer to another.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths