🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: How to increase daily invites to freelanc...
Page options
movieguru
Community Member

How to increase daily invites to freelancers

I am trying to hire freelancers for a complex job and keep running into limitations with the daily number of invites I can make. How do I increase the daily limit so I can increase the number of freelancers I invite to bid on my job?

20 REPLIES 20
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Howard,

Generally, clients with unverified payment method have a daily limit of 20 invitations and clients with verified payment method have a limit of 100 invitations. I'll ask an agent to reach out to you directly and further assist you with your concern.

~ Valeria
Upwork

I've spent many thousands of dollars on here and my account is a few years old...

but I have seen a few clients send 700-800 invites. In reference to your statement, how is that possible.

I have a verified pay method and have hired freelancers before. Why am I currently limited to 5?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Philip, 

I checked your account and can see that you are currently under the Upwork Basic Plan. While you are limited to 5 invitations per job post, freelancers will still have the opportunity to send you proposals on your (public) job post. You also have the option of upgrading your job to a Featured Job, for a one-time fee of $29.99 to reach more freelancers and agencies in less time and to help attract top talent. You may read more about Featured Jobs here.

~ Avery
Upwork
gerrys
Community Member

I think it's called spamming.

If I am invited to a job along with a ton of other people...I respectfully decline. I am not 'just another fish' in the sea. I am a particularly unique fish.

From one unique fish to another - Perfectly Phrased, Irene!

It is understandable that some freelancers would not be interested in applying to a client who is interviewing such large numbers of freelancers.

But I see absolutely nothing wrong with original poster Howard's desire to invite many, many freelancers, as long as he is indeed hiring many freelancers.

Anonymous-User
Not applicable

@Preston H wrote:

It is understandable that some freelancers would not be interested in applying to a client who is interviewing such large numbers of freelancers.

But I see absolutely nothing wrong with original poster Howard's desire to invite many, many freelancers, as long as he is indeed hiring many freelancers.

@ Yeah. Especially when he's trying to invite over 650 freelancers like @Zokosh said.

Spoiler

I have multiple positions open. What freelancers may fail to understand is that 1) many freelancers don't respond 2) I have no way to know you are a special fish unless I invite you and you respond with a non-canned response. It's not easy to find qualified folks for some jobs hence needing to send multiple invitations. 

zoksh
Community Member

Look at All those fishes !

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Over 600 Invites !

yitwail
Community Member

Job is against ToS by the way. Here's an excerpt, for as long as mods allow it:

For each assignment, you must note specific requirements... papers differ in academic level and deadline...

And yes, I flagged it as fraud.

Not sure why that job was posted in my thread but has nothing to do with me. That's not my job or me... 

All,

The team has already taken actions against the job Zoksh and John were referring to and related account.

~ Valeria
Upwork

I understand what you are saying, Howard.

But please consider the following:

When a potential client invites me, I would presume he has had a look at my hiring history, at clients' testimonials, and so forth. I would presume, therefore, that he has done his homework when inviting me. If, however, I had to see he has sent invites to 50 other people, my immediate reaction would be that he has gone down the list of freelancers and indiscriminately clicked each to invite them. It does not speak of selectiveness in invitations. 

Please try to see it from a freelancer of quality's perspective.

I am not implying by any means that this is what you do. I am just trying to illuminate the other side of the coin.

Irene

I typically decline invitations with more than 20 invites. In fact, I even do it with 10 invites if there's anything I don't like about the invitation.

If there are a lot of invitations, my motivation to answer is a lot lower.

Anonymous-User
Not applicable

A short search for the OP's picture uncovers the business he is involved: **Edited for Community Guidelines**. Yes, very complex work! Beware of more daily invites! Woman Surprised

By the way: Again, there are numerous jobs - paraphrased with the word "adult" or "dating" - that should not be on the platform according to Upwork's TOS.

a6bb0bf4
Community Member

I am trying to to send invites to freelancer nut due to daily limit, i unable to send more invites. My question is that, how can we increase daily invites

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, 

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths