cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to increase daily invites to freelancers

Highlighted
howard b Member Since: Sep 2, 2016
1 of 19

I am trying to hire freelancers for a complex job and keep running into limitations with the daily number of invites I can make. How do I increase the daily limit so I can increase the number of freelancers I invite to bid on my job?

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 19

Hi Howard,

Generally, clients with unverified payment method have a daily limit of 20 invitations and clients with verified payment method have a limit of 100 invitations. I'll ask an agent to reach out to you directly and further assist you with your concern.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
howard b Member Since: Sep 2, 2016
3 of 19

I've spent many thousands of dollars on here and my account is a few years old...

Highlighted
Ashish K Member Since: Aug 7, 2018
4 of 19

but I have seen a few clients send 700-800 invites. In reference to your statement, how is that possible.

Highlighted
Philip S Member Since: Oct 1, 2019
5 of 19

I have a verified pay method and have hired freelancers before. Why am I currently limited to 5?

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
6 of 19

Hi Philip, 

I checked your account and can see that you are currently under the Upwork Basic Plan. While you are limited to 5 invitations per job post, freelancers will still have the opportunity to send you proposals on your (public) job post. You also have the option of upgrading your job to a Featured Job, for a one-time fee of $29.99 to reach more freelancers and agencies in less time and to help attract top talent. You may read more about Featured Jobs here.

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Gerry S Member Since: Nov 23, 2014
7 of 19

I think it's called spamming.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
8 of 19

If I am invited to a job along with a ton of other people...I respectfully decline. I am not 'just another fish' in the sea. I am a particularly unique fish.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
9 of 19

From one unique fish to another - Perfectly Phrased, Irene!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
10 of 19

It is understandable that some freelancers would not be interested in applying to a client who is interviewing such large numbers of freelancers.

But I see absolutely nothing wrong with original poster Howard's desire to invite many, many freelancers, as long as he is indeed hiring many freelancers.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS