Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to increase daily invites to freelancers

Highlighted
This widget could not be displayed.
11 of 19

@Preston H wrote:

It is understandable that some freelancers would not be interested in applying to a client who is interviewing such large numbers of freelancers.

But I see absolutely nothing wrong with original poster Howard's desire to invite many, many freelancers, as long as he is indeed hiring many freelancers.

@ Yeah. Especially when he's trying to invite over 650 freelancers like @Zokosh said.

Spoiler

Highlighted
howard b Member Since: Sep 2, 2016
12 of 19

I have multiple positions open. What freelancers may fail to understand is that 1) many freelancers don't respond 2) I have no way to know you are a special fish unless I invite you and you respond with a non-canned response. It's not easy to find qualified folks for some jobs hence needing to send multiple invitations. 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Zoksh P Member Since: Aug 31, 2016
13 of 19

Look at All those fishes !

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Over 600 Invites !

Highlighted
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
14 of 19

Job is against ToS by the way. Here's an excerpt, for as long as mods allow it:

For each assignment, you must note specific requirements... papers differ in academic level and deadline...

And yes, I flagged it as fraud.

howard b Member Since: Sep 2, 2016
15 of 19

Not sure why that job was posted in my thread but has nothing to do with me. That's not my job or me... 

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
16 of 19

All,

The team has already taken actions against the job Zoksh and John were referring to and related account.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
17 of 19

I understand what you are saying, Howard.

But please consider the following:

When a potential client invites me, I would presume he has had a look at my hiring history, at clients' testimonials, and so forth. I would presume, therefore, that he has done his homework when inviting me. If, however, I had to see he has sent invites to 50 other people, my immediate reaction would be that he has gone down the list of freelancers and indiscriminately clicked each to invite them. It does not speak of selectiveness in invitations. 

Please try to see it from a freelancer of quality's perspective.

I am not implying by any means that this is what you do. I am just trying to illuminate the other side of the coin.

Irene

Highlighted
Community Guru
David G Member Since: Oct 6, 2011
18 of 19

I typically decline invitations with more than 20 invites. In fact, I even do it with 10 invites if there's anything I don't like about the invitation.

If there are a lot of invitations, my motivation to answer is a lot lower.

Highlighted
19 of 19

A short search for the OP's picture uncovers the business he is involved: **Edited for Community Guidelines**. Yes, very complex work! Beware of more daily invites! Woman Surprised

By the way: Again, there are numerous jobs - paraphrased with the word "adult" or "dating" - that should not be on the platform according to Upwork's TOS.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS