🐈
» Forums » Clients » How to initiate refund for an escrow funded p...
Page options
biplab_ghosal
Community Member

How to initiate refund for an escrow funded project?

Hello,

I hired a freelancer for a fixed pay project and already funded for the project through escrow payment.

However the freelancer was not able to deliver the job & I couldn't find any other freelancer as well.

Due to these reasons, I have closed the job.

Can anyone please guide me how to get refund now.

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Biplab,

I checked, and it looks like the refund has been processed. You can check it by logging in, switching to your client account, and going here. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

You may be phrasing things in a way I am not accustomed to.

Could you tell us which of these things happened:

a) I hired a freelancer and funded an escrow payment. After that, I never heard from the freelancer. I want to close the contract. How long will it take for the money to be refunded to me?

b) I posted a job posting and paid $29.99 to make it into a premium job posting. I did not find any freelancers to hire. Can I get a refund for the premium listing?

c) [something else; please explain]

Hi Preston,

Thanks for your response. I have rephrased my query.

The scenario is similar to your first point. I funded an escrow payment & hired a freelancer.

But he was not able to do the job & I couldn't find any other freelancer with matching skills as well.

I have closed the contract now. Will the money be refunded back to me automatically or do I need to raise any specific request for this.

Thanks

Hi Biplab,

I checked, and it looks like the refund has been processed. You can check it by logging in, switching to your client account, and going here. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths