Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to know that a freelancer is lying

anafreimar
Ana F Member Since: Aug 18, 2016
1 of 25

Hi,

I´m currently starting to talk with two freelancers that applied to my job and both of them send me the same app´s link, claiming they built that app.

I tried to find out who´s that app´s owner but this is a tedious thing to do as in the markets they give a lot of names that migh be the ones of the seller, not the owner, and also I don not think they would give me the programmer´s name.

So...any idea about how to unmask wich freelancer is lying (or both?)

Thanks

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
2 of 25

Both of them could be lying. Report them to CS - it's their job to investigate.  I wouldn't consider either of these freelancers.

anafreimar
3 of 25

Thanks for your oppinion. I´m reaching to the same conclusion.

anafreimar
4 of 25

Sorry, what do you mean by CS?

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
5 of 25

Hi Ana,

Nichola is referring to customer support. You can reach them here.

~ Valeria
Upwork
anafreimar
6 of 25

Ok then, Is wher I wrote to. Thanks a lot!

versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
7 of 25

If only you could imagine the amount of websites and apps who have hundreds of authors. All freelancing on Upwork.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
anafreimar
8 of 25

Hi!

I´d like to know if your are saying tha ironically, really telling that many freelancers lye and assign themselves apps thar are not, or do you think that both of them might be right and have worked in the same proyect.

I asked both freelancers for proves and one of them told me that is very usual that a same project has had several freelancers working on in (in several versions and so on). 

Should I believe her?...

Thanks for the answer

versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
9 of 25

@Ana F wrote:

Hi!

I´d like to know if your are saying tha ironically, really telling that many freelancers lye and assign themselves apps thar are not, or do you think that both of them might be right and have worked in the same proyect.

I asked both freelancers for proves and one of them told me that is very usual that a same project has had several freelancers working on in (in several versions and so on). 

Should I believe her?...

Thanks for the answer

Yes I was ironic, and no, you probably shouldn't believe her. Yes, some apps and websites have more than one developer, but the chances that it was the case with this app AND that both members of the team applied to your job is just ridiculous.

A lot of unskilled and cheap providers lie about almost everything in their profiles. One really needs to know how to read between the lines while hiring people.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
anafreimar
10 of 25

Ok...any tip you can give me about how to get info reading their answers? sorry but I am a fully unexperienced in pages like this one and this is the first job I post 😛

Thanks a lot, honestly 😉

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS