cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make a completed job private?

Highlighted
Chuck V Member Since: Dec 3, 2020
11 of 24

Has anyone figured this out yet. I cannot see where I can make a completed job private. The three dots do NOT show the "private" option.

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
12 of 24

Hi Chuck,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
13 of 24

Hi Yossi, and Jennifer, 

As confirmed by our Support Team, once a contract has already been closed/ended, the option to set it to private will not be available. 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Andrew B Member Since: Mar 13, 2017
14 of 24

Hello, I have to say that this thread is very confusing, until Upwork Support finally gives the bad news that that a job cannot be made private, once it has been closed or the contract ended. (Maybe edit the thread?)

So, grasping at straws here, can a closed job (contract not ended yet) be either deleted, or edited in any way? LIke the OP, I am concerned that I have given away information in my job posting that I don't want my competitors to see.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer R Member Since: Sep 15, 2017
15 of 24

My understanding is that as long as the contract is active you can change the setting.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nina K Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
16 of 24

Hi Andrew,

A job post cannot be edited by a user once it has been removed/closed, regardless of an active contract. However, you are able to contact the support team and explain to them your need to make the job private and they are able to review and help assist with such requests.

~Nina
Highlighted
Jean-Philippe M Member Since: Apr 5, 2020
17 of 24

I can see value in making jobs private once the right team has been assembled. How do we ask Upwork team to allow post to be made private once they are being executed or are completed?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Andrei T Member Since: Aug 30, 2016
18 of 24

Jean-Philippe M wrote:

I can see value in making jobs private once the right team has been assembled. How do we ask Upwork team to allow post to be made private once they are being executed or are completed?

On the contrary, the freelancer will see value in keeping the job public since it appears on his profile during & after execution. If you want it to be private the freelancer needs to know about that beforehand. You should consider this part of the contract terms; any change requires both parties to agree so it may result in different cost/timeline/etc., or even in the deal falling through.

Highlighted
Vyacheslav B Member Since: Nov 15, 2018
19 of 24

This is correct - I did it several times

Highlighted
Kyle D Member Since: Oct 28, 2020
20 of 24

Is it possible to contact customer service to reopen a contract to make it private? I have a posting/contract that was closed but it's very important that I make it private due to proprietary information. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS