🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: How to merge two accounts?
Page options
3132fa3f
Community Member

How to merge two accounts?

I have a client account on Upwork, and recently was invited to another organization. I was not able to add this organization to my existing account, so I had to create a new user account with a different email just to be able to join that organization. Is there a way to merge my two accounts?

Thank you.

21 REPLIES 21
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alex,

Unfortunately, there is no option to merge two accounts. However, it's possible to close one account and create a different account type on another account. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you.

My goal is to use the same login info to access both companies. What steps
should I take?

Hi Alex,

Please check out this help article for more information about other account types you can add using the same account. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
3132fa3f
Community Member

This article talks about how to be both a freelancer and a client.

What if I have two separate companies that act as a client, and I want to
hire separate teams for each company, have separate payment methods, yet
have only one login into the Upwork system?

Hi Alex,

Are you referrng to creating two agency profiles under the same account? 

~ Joanne
Upwork
3132fa3f
Community Member

Ok,

I own a company called XYZ (I am omitting real names on purpose). I opened
a client account under alex@xxxxx.xxx, and listed this company as the
client. I hired people to work under that company.

Now I am being invited to serve as a project manager for another company,
called ABC. They have their own Upwork account, and they sent an invitation
to my other email address alex@zzzzz.zzz, so I had to register a new Upwork
account just to be able to work with this company.

Ideally, I want to only use one login, and see both companies listed under
it. Is it possible?
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alex, 

From this account that you are posting from, you can create a freelancer account by following the steps noted in the help article that Joanne noted in her reply. You can ask your client to invite this account instead (where you are posting from), and close the other account. 

Let me know if you need further assistance. 

~ Avery
Upwork
3132fa3f
Community Member

I am not a freelancer. I am a project manager, representing the new
company. I will be in charge of hiring freelancers to work for this
company. So how does being a freelancer help me?
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alex, 

I'm sorry I misunderstood your post. I initially thought you were hired by the client through Upwork as a freelancer. You may ask the client to add this account instead, so that you can continue working on being a Project Manager for them through this account. Once done, you can close the other account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
florydev
Community Member

Avery O wrote:

Hi Alex, 

I'm sorry I misunderstood your post. I initially thought you were hired by the client through Upwork as a freelancer. You may ask the client to add this account instead, so that you can continue working on being a Project Manager for them through this account. Once done, you can close the other account. 

I think he want's to have two client accounts because he manages hiring freelancers for more than one company.  I think the answer is that is not possible right?

Only responding to bump this because it was a clear question and the OP has the patience of a saint. He deserves a real answer from someone who has actually read his post.

thanks

Hi Alex,

I'm sorry about the confusion our responses created. Could you please click on my name and send me a private message with the second account you created? I can confirm there isn't an option to use the same login details for two separate accounts but you can be part of multiple companies from a single account. I'd like to take a look and guide you through the process so you can access both companies from your original account.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Hey Vladimir, when I try sending you a message I get this: "You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action."

I flagged your post to draw attention to it. Otherwise, you may never hear from Vladimir again...

Hi Alex,

I see that your most recent post on this thread was made from the original account you were referring to. I checked that account and it looks like you do have two companies on it - one is your own and second one you were invited to.

Please, click on the icon in the upper right corner to see those two companies.

Screenshot_7.png

If the second company on the list is the one you were referring to, then it looks like you should be all set (you have permissions for that company.) You can then just close the new account you created and only use your original account to access both companies.

If not, please let us know.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thanks for the help, I just managed to do it following instructions in previous replies. I guess this issue can be closed now.

Sounds good, Alex! Let us know if you need help closing the second account.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Actually it seems like I do - there is no "Close account" button when I go to Settings

No problem, Alex. We've closed your newer account. So now you can continue using your original account with access to the company you were invited to.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Great, thanks so much!
Latest Articles
Learning Paths