🐈
» Forums » Clients » How to pay freelancer after I ended a contrac...
Page options
99c62aa0
Community Member

How to pay freelancer after I ended a contract

Hi there, I ended my contract earlier, this is an hourly job and my freelancer logged 4 hours which he manually submitted. When I ended the contract, I didn't find an option to pay the freelancer.

BTW, is Upwork no longer offering customer support? I searched and searched it seems like we are only supposed to go through their documentation to dig into the answers, or talk to the BOT? If neither solves the problem, then we can only rely on the community but there is NOT customer support from Upwork.

5 REPLIES 5
richardrader
Community Member

To pay after a contract is closed you can send a "bonus" payment https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000980407-Pay-a-Bonus.

I've got two questions

1. "If a freelancer ends an hourly contract without the client's permission, do the client get charged?"

2. "How do I pay a for an hourly job contract that has ended?" 

Stanley O wrote:

1. "If a freelancer ends an hourly contract without the client's permission, do the client get charged?"

2. "How do I pay a for an hourly job contract that has ended?" 

1. Freelancers don't need anyone's "permission" to end a contract. The client gets charged for all the hours logged during the current week the following Monday. It is irrelevant whether the contract is open or closed.

2. Automatically, on Monday. The client's payment method is charged for the hours logged.

PradeepH

Hello Chi,

I'm sorry to hear that you were unable to reach our Support team. I will be happy to assist you with your inquiry. 

For Hourly contracts, you are billed on a weekly basis. Freelancers can log hours each week until midnight UTC on Sundays with the Upwork Desktop App or submit time manually. The hours are billed automatically every Monday and you have until Friday to review the work and file a dispute if necessary. The funds are released to the freelancer the following Wednesday. 

To reach our support team, you can click this link. You will have to click on the pop-up text to initiate a chat with our Data Bot. On the chat window, please select your account type and then click 'Ask Something else'. Select 'Contact Support' and then choose how you'd like to connect with our Support team'. Feel free to message here if you have further questions. 

Thank you

Pradeep H.

Upwork

If they logged the hours, you will be billed next Monday. It doesn't matter if you close the contract in between that time. So, paying bonus would be extra as you would be charged next Monday for the logged hours till Sunday!
Latest Articles
Learning Paths