🐈
» Forums » Clients » How to pay partial payment due to partial com...
Page options
12d6c250
Community Member

How to pay partial payment due to partial completion of work

Hello,

I'm new to this, and am in the middle of working with my first freelancer. We had agreed to a fixed price "milestone" for 40 images categorized but he just blew me off after doing 22. I want to pay him for the amount of work he did but all I see on the contract pay page is a green "pay" button. I had read earlier that I should be able to select the "pay" button but I get to another "pay" button...

My question is:

Is there another window after the 2nd "pay" button to specify how much money to pay out to the freelancer? I really don't want to pay the full amount.

I look forward to responses & I thank you in advance for your help!

Bret

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

@Bret V wrote:

Is there another window after the 2nd "pay" button to specify how much money to pay out to the freelancer? I really don't want to pay the full amount.

Hi Bret, Welcome and sorry your first hire didn't work out as planned.

Yes, there is a second screen where you can adjust the amount up or down as needed!

12d6c250
Community Member

Petra,

Thank you for taking the time to tell me!

Just to clarify, there is an option to change the amount paid after the 2nd pay button? I don't have to wait for them to request payment, do I? I can just pay him for what he's done with no issues?

Thank you in advance for clarifying things, I appreciate it!! 

Bret

petra_r
Community Member

You can also ask the freelancer to edit the payment on the request - either will work.

Remember to leave fair and accurate feedback 🙂

Latest Articles
Learning Paths