Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to post a job as a freelancer

Community Guru
Ryan C Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
11 of 16

Hello Mary,

To post a job, you will need a client account. You can be a freelancer and a client using the account. Please read this article for more information. Once you created a client account, you may also read this helpful article about posting a job. Thank you!

Untitled
Jean M Member Since: Jan 9, 2019
12 of 16

Same issue here no such "create a company menu" I mean this post is already 6 months old ore more and no response????

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
13 of 16

Hi Jean, 

Please know that the options have been updated since this thread has been posted. To create a client account, please see the steps below: 

1. Click the Account Menu and choose Settings.
  2. Go to Settings > My Teams and choose the Create New Account at the bottom.
  3. Choose New Client Account.
  4. Once set up, use the Account Menu at the top-right of your screen to switch between using Upwork as a client, freelancer, or agency.

-Avery
Untitled
Trina G Member Since: Feb 25, 2019
14 of 16
I never get the option for Create a Company when logged in. I am a freelancer who needs to hire for graphic work for my website and marketing materials.
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
15 of 16

Hi Trina,

To create a Client account on your existing account, please go to your account settings and select My Teams tab on the left. Once you do, please select Create New Account button and you should be able to add a client account to your existing account. You'll then be able to easily switch between the two accounts under the same login and hire freelancers. Check out this help article for more information.

Additionally, please check out this thread and these helpful resources to give you an idea on how to get started as a new Client. Please choose the closest category in posting the project you wish to post. Define your project with details like goals, deliverables, deadlines, and budget so freelancers can submit competitive proposals. You can also search for qualified freelancers and invite them to submit proposals.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Naveed R Member Since: Nov 10, 2018
16 of 16

Dear Sir!

1-Login to your freelancer account on Upwork.

2-Go to Settings.

3-Click on My Team option.

4-Click on Creat New Account.

5-Click on + New Client Account.

6-Now, provide the required information and thats it.

7-Now, you can easily switch between a Freelancer Account and as a Employer Account.

(A freelancer on Upwork!)

(Just try us!)

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS