🐈
» Forums » Clients » How to post a job as a freelancer
Page options
jannah-aljafri
Community Member

How to post a job as a freelancer

Hi everyone,

Hope someone can help me out here. I'm registered with Upwork as a freelancer but I'd like to post a job and hire a freelancer for a personal project (i.e. I'd like to become a client). Upwork is making my life very hard to do that. I'm wondering if there's a trick that I'm missing? I know I can always set up a new account as a client but that's a pain in the neck. Thanks!

Also specifically to Upwork (hope you're reading this):

• The UX is really confusing
    • It's hard to post a message here. There's a pencil icon on the left but that's for "Register" instead of "Write a message"
    • I missed the "Post a new message" button that popped up when I was typing in the "Search mesage" searchbox until I disabled my whole pop-up blocker
    • The Help articles are useful in a very limited way. What if I can't find an article that I want? In other company websites, there is usually a "Contact Support" option when you're really stuck or urgently need support without wasting time wading through discussion threads. Which brings me to my second point ...
  • Support is unclear: Why indicate support chat when it's not available? I clicked on support chat, but that requires me to log in, and when I do, it takes me to the Help articles which is extremely frustrating. I looked for a support phone number, finally found one in the list of offices webpage, but that number isn't even a 0800. No support email address either.
  • Now linking back to my original post: Why make posting a job as a freelancer so difficult?!

Sorry I know I'm a bit annoyed here but these concerns are legitimate, and I'm sure others have experienced them too. I appreciate that there's lots of features on this website but personally I think quite a lot of them are just bells and whistles - for example, as I'm typing this, there's a column on the left showing "Top Solution Authors" and so on ... why would I want to know that?

(Now I'm getting really grumpy sorry! BTW love the clean, high contrast interface but please please please reduce the clutter. Ah I'm off again ...)

Thanks again!

46 REPLIES 46

I'm having the same issue. How do I post a job as a freelancer?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Igor,

You need to have a client account in order to post a job and hire a freelancer for your Job. You can be a client and a freelancer using the same account. To create a Client account on your existing account, please follow up instructions in this help article.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
sumana_akter
Community Member

thank you so much

shakil-howlader
Community Member

thank you so much

meaganryelle
Community Member

Thank you!

covenantsoftware
Community Member

8 years later, they still did not fix it. I was really stuck, thankfully this thread should help me post a gig!

clareswann17
Community Member

This is so true and very well-written!

I completely relate to what you are saying, it is very frustrating when you cannot reach a human being to offer some simple guidance.

Thank you for your honesty, it is much needed!

Latest Articles
Learning Paths