cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to post a job.

Highlighted
Upenyu C Member Since: Apr 8, 2016
1 of 3

l used to work as a freelancer with Elance and then moved to Upwork. l now want to hire freelances but l have a freelance account and it doesn't show where to post jobs. Do l have to create a new or separate profile as a client? l used to find a link to my client account from the drop down menu after clicking on my picture but not anymore. 

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
BEST ANSWER
2 of 3

Hi Upenyu,

Yes, you need to create a client profile on the same account. To create a client profile, please click on your photo in the upper-right corner, go to Settings, scroll down and click on the "+ Create a company" link on the left side of the page, and choose "Create a Client Company". After you complete all the steps, you'll be able to switch between your Freelancer and Client profiles in the account view menu (the one that appears in the upper-right corner after clicking on your photo).

Once your client profile is set up, please follow advice and instructions shared in this Help article and post your first Upwork job. Also, follow this link and visit our Hiring Headquarters to find all the information and best practice advice designed to help guide you through the hiring process on Upwork.

If you need any assistance, feel free to post your questions in the Clients forum.

Upenyu C Member Since: Apr 8, 2016
3 of 3

Thank you for the timely response. Let me create a client account and read best practices before l post my job. Cheers.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS