cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Download the message thread

Andrew H Member Since: Feb 23, 2018
41 of 53

I dont see why upwork would make this so difficult.  I feel it protects the freelancer but then they might feel it protects the customer because both have to refer back possibly through pages and pages of disjointed chats to find quotes and agreements in chats that have or have not been met.  I have lost money too many times through upwork and this weakness really doesnt help.  This is a portal full of web developers yet Upwork cant do something this basic ??

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
42 of 53

Hi Andrew,

Unfortunately we don`t have this option available at this moment but thank you for your feedback, I will share this with our product managers.

Untitled
Garth J Member Since: Apr 2, 2017
43 of 53

This has been an issue since 2015, (I sure even earlier) if the PM doesn't know it already then what is the point of pointing out issues? 

What the PM needs to do is provide a Roadmap as to when things will be fixed. Seeing that this issue is basically 2.5 years old, I'm sure their existing roadmap already has this issue listed and publishing the roadmap would solve a lot of problems.

So please ask the PM to post the roadmap here. Then it will give everyone an ETA as to when it will be fixed.

Dave G Member Since: Aug 13, 2016
44 of 53

I gave up expecting UPwork to do something about it. For long projects I now chat with my dev. only via Skype. Over there it's easier to scroll through chat history.

Armin R Member Since: Jun 7, 2018
45 of 53

Very poor "support" of upwork in this matter! Empty promisses and silly recomendations on how to get around it but no solutions ... just cheap talk and no action since 4 yrears.... Why don't you just tell it how it is? You simply do not want upwork users to be able to download converstion history.... 

Philippe B Member Since: Jun 18, 2018
46 of 53

This is really poor customer service. You are driving people away from using your built in system because of the lack of this feature. 

Why not just implement a history? Maybe you should hire a freelancer on upwork to build it for you Smiley Happy

Adrian V Member Since: May 31, 2019
47 of 53
Hi upwork just trying to bump this thread, this feature would be incredibly helpful!
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
48 of 53

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for sharing your suggestion. Unfortunately, we don't have any additional information about the feature requested.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Jim K Member Since: Jul 30, 2019
49 of 53

STILL no solution from UW?

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
50 of 53

Hi Jim, 

I responded to your other post. 

-Avery
Untitled