🐈
» Forums » Clients » How to raise a complaint about a client
Page options
design_door
Community Member

How to raise a complaint about a client

Hello, Dear Upwork Team,
I am very happy with the Upwork.
But this has been a small problem for me. I worked for the client but this client did not pay me. So, How do get payment from the client? I will provide the name of the client Upwork name. If solve my problem.

Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

re: "Can't send a warning to the client from Upwork? If possible please give the warning message to the client from Upwork."

Well... it is thoughtful of you to want to try to help educate the client.

But this is the wrong way to do that.

You should be concerned about yourself. Focus on learning to use Upwork properly. Then, next time a situation like this occurs, you can tell a client to hire you properly before doing any work.

In order for you to succeed now, it is important for you to put this situation in the past and move on. Use the "Flag as inappropriate" link button if you can. Then this is over. It is very important that you stop thinking about getting paid for this work. You can't get paid without a contract.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I worked for the client but this client did not pay me."

This means that you used Upwork incorrectly.

You don't need to raise a complaint about the client. You need to figure out what the feeelancer did wrong.

re: "How do get payment from the client?"

Se need to figure what you did wrong.

Were you hired officially?
If yes, using what kind of contract?

Dear Preston,

I had complete work done. But didn't respond from the client. So, how do get paid? Please see the Screenshot.

If you have any solution please let me know.

Thanks!

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Raju,

You were not hired for this job and shouldn't provide any work until your client sends you an offer and a contract is created under your My Jobs tab. Please check this post for the freelancer resources and tips for avoiding questionable jobs that we put together to help freelancers make decisions whether to work with a client or not. 

Please note that any request for free work is not allowed on Upwork, and it is a violation of Upwork's Terms of Service. It is always good to communicate and politely explain everything to your client to avoid any misunderstanding. You can discuss the terms of further engagement on the contract and attempt to resolve the situation amicably.

Edited to add information:

We also encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here.

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Nikola,

Can't send a warning to the client from Upwork? If possible please give the warning message to the client from Upwork.

Thanks!

re: "Can't send a warning to the client from Upwork? If possible please give the warning message to the client from Upwork."

Well... it is thoughtful of you to want to try to help educate the client.

But this is the wrong way to do that.

You should be concerned about yourself. Focus on learning to use Upwork properly. Then, next time a situation like this occurs, you can tell a client to hire you properly before doing any work.

In order for you to succeed now, it is important for you to put this situation in the past and move on. Use the "Flag as inappropriate" link button if you can. Then this is over. It is very important that you stop thinking about getting paid for this work. You can't get paid without a contract.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths