🐈
» Forums » Clients » How to release balance after partial payment
Page options
9f83e77f
Community Member

How to release balance after partial payment

Hi. I recently completed a fixed price contract on which I had released a partial payment from escrow. Only 1 milestone was originally set up, and the full amount was in escrow. Now the job is complete, and I want to release the remaining funds to the artist. However, there is no "review and pay" button any more. If I add a new milestone, it asks for more money to be sent to escrow. How do I release the funds that are already there?

Thanks in advance!  Kristen

4 REPLIES 4
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kristen,

If the Job is done and there are funds in escrow, you can end the contract and choose to pay the full amount of the remaining available funds. Please check this help article for more information!

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
9f83e77f
Community Member

Thanks for your quick reply. I did end the contract, and gave great feedback, etc. But I never saw an option to send the final payment. And it still shows in escrow.

I just looked at the transaction, and now it shows the partial as the full fixed price, paid. I'm at a loss here. I do need to release the balance from escrow to my freelancer. He's been very patient. 🙂

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kristen,

I checked this and it looks like you were able to solve this case with your Freelancer. Feel free to follow up here if you need any further assistance!

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths