Community Member

How to request a feeelancer

How do I request a freelancer who lives in the Philippines

4 REPLIES 4
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Joseph,

While searching for specific Freelancer, you can use the location filter in the Advanced Filters as well as include the desired location as a keyword in search. Once you find a Freelancer that suits your project's needs, you can invite them by using Invite to Job button! 

Let us know if you have any further questions!

~ Bojan
Upwork
mtngigi
Community Member

Bojan S wrote:

Hi Joseph,

While searching for specific Freelancer, you can use the location filter in the Advanced Filters as well as include the desired location as a keyword in search. Once you find a Freelancer that suits your project's needs, you can invite them by using Invite to Job button! 

Let us know if you have any further questions!

Bojan ... clients can also specify a location preference in their job posting, can they not?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you, Virginia. Yes, certainly they can. 

Joseph, While creating a new Job Post, you can create preferences for freelancers from specific countries but please note this would be a preference and would not exclude freelancers located in other countries from applying. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
mtngigi
Community Member

Bojan S wrote:

Thank you, Virginia. Yes, certainly they can. 

Joseph, While creating a new Job Post, you can create preferences for freelancers from specific countries but please note this would be a preference and would not exclude freelancers located in other countries from applying. 

Thank you Bojan.

To add for the benefit of the OP, when I've applied to jobs requiring a location preference I don't meet, there is a notice that states clients will see that a freelancer doesn't meet their location preference.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths