🐈
» Forums » Clients » How to resume an ended contract
Page options
170c637c
Community Member

How to resume an ended contract

I ended a contract because I realized I needed to work on the document that I wanted to have translated. I was alerted by the Freelancer that by ending the contract and requesting a refund from escrow I would be lowering her rating. I'd like to resume that contract to prevent this from happening, I assumed that because I originalty assigned the due date for 8/4 that I had to cancel that contract in order to set a new one with a later date. How do I fix this so her rating doesn't go down?

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Lindsey M wrote:

I ended a contract because I realized I needed to work on the document that I wanted to have translated. I was alerted by the Freelancer that by ending the contract and requesting a refund from escrow I would be lowering her rating. I'd like to resume that contract to prevent this from happening, I assumed that because I originalty assigned the due date for 8/4 that I had to cancel that contract in order to set a new one with a later date. How do I fix this so her rating doesn't go down?

Contracts, once closed, can not be brought back to life. But you can just pay the freelancer $ 5 (or whatever) for their time and leave feedback, so the contract does not affect her.

For future reference, the due date is irrelevant, it is merely a point of reference between you and the freelancer.

170c637c
Community Member

How do I pay her $5? The attach image is what I see when I look at the contract.upworktroubleshoot.jpg

Lindsey:

You're almost there!

You need to click on the "three dots" icon, and reveal a drop-down menu with which you can "Give Bonus."

You can pay a bonus to a freelancer in any amount AFTER the contract has already been closed.

Screen Shot 2019-08-04 at 3.11.29 AM.png

Latest Articles
Learning Paths