🐈
» Forums » Clients » How to see reports in my time zone?
Page options
oahure
Community Member

How to see reports in my time zone?

The Weekly Summary and Timesheet report is exactly the type of data I need to see for my team. However, it is not accurate because of a time zone issue. For example, I show my team working on Sunday for 5 hours, when I know no one was in on Sunday. This tells me that all days could be off.

How can I see accurate Weekly Summary and Timesheet reports based on my time zone?

5 REPLIES 5
scannerdarkly
Community Member

There should be an option in the time sheet in the upper left corner to change the time zone from UTC to your own time zone, UTC +- hours, depending of what time zone you are from. I hope that helps.

That option is only available with the Work Diary but not with anything under Reports as far as I can tell.

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bryn,

There's no option to change the time zone in the Weekly Summary because UTC is used in order for payments and reports to be consistent. You can change the time zone and monitor your freelancers' activity from the Work Diary.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
oahure
Community Member

With all due respect, that is not a good excuse.

Right now they are consistently wrong for me. I am not asking you to change the data you have, so there are no consistency issues. You can simply mention if the time zone is changed, it won't match the payment info.

So if one wants the payments and reports to match, they use the UTC time zone. If one wants reports that make sense in terms of actually days worked based on their time zone, they temporarily change their view, just like you allow in the Work Diary.

You do it easily enough in the Work Diary, so the programmers have the skills to do it.

Thanks for your response, but it is frustrating I can't get any useful reports, and if I want to understand my contractors hours I am forced to view it only through the Work Diary with no accurate summary reports available.

ab4d48d2
Community Member

It is 2021 - Upwork are you really telling us that we can't see the Time & Payments numbers in our local timezone? Even when both the freelancer and client are in the same timezone? This is one of those annoyances that may cause us to move to another platform.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths