cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send attachment to interested Freelancers

28c0f0e1
Active

I posted a job, without the detailed documentation due to sensitivity.  Now that I have Freelancers resonding that they are interested, I go thru the proposal list selecting "Send Message", but there is no option to attach the document to it.  Does anyone know how to achieve this?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tim,

After you message a freelancer for the first time, a message room is created and you can access it and send attachments.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
bc94
Community Guru
in the chat room, on the right of the box where you type, you'll see a paper clip

click on it and send the file

When clicking on "Send Message" from the Review Proposals Tab, it doesn't take you to the chat room.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tim,

If you've already messaged a freelancer who applied to your job, you can go to Messages and attach a file to a discussion room you have with them.

I hope it helps.

~ Valeria
Upwork

When clicking on "Send Message" from the Review Proposals Tab, it doesn't take you to the chat room.

Tim,

After you message a freelancer for the first time, a message room is created and you can access it and send attachments.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Alright, I go about it that way.  It's just too bad that UpWork doesn't make attachments available on that screen.  Would save a lot of extra work.

Thanks

I agree, Tim, and I'll share your feedback with the team.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Share it again

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS