🐈
» Forums » Clients » How to send attachment to interested Freelanc...
Page options
28c0f0e1
Community Member

How to send attachment to interested Freelancers

I posted a job, without the detailed documentation due to sensitivity.  Now that I have Freelancers resonding that they are interested, I go thru the proposal list selecting "Send Message", but there is no option to attach the document to it.  Does anyone know how to achieve this?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tim,

After you message a freelancer for the first time, a message room is created and you can access it and send attachments.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
bc94
Community Member

in the chat room, on the right of the box where you type, you'll see a paper clip

click on it and send the file
28c0f0e1
Community Member

When clicking on "Send Message" from the Review Proposals Tab, it doesn't take you to the chat room.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Tim,

If you've already messaged a freelancer who applied to your job, you can go to Messages and attach a file to a discussion room you have with them.

I hope it helps.

~ Valeria
Upwork

When clicking on "Send Message" from the Review Proposals Tab, it doesn't take you to the chat room.

Tim,

After you message a freelancer for the first time, a message room is created and you can access it and send attachments.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Alright, I go about it that way.  It's just too bad that UpWork doesn't make attachments available on that screen.  Would save a lot of extra work.

Thanks

I agree, Tim, and I'll share your feedback with the team.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Share it again

The first thing I need to do is send potential hires an NDA.  NOTHING comes before that. Really lousy that I have to send a message that says - "I can't really say anything here, but after this wasted message, I can send you the document"

Kevin D wrote:

The first thing I need to do is send potential hires an NDA.  NOTHING comes before that. Really lousy that I have to send a message that says - "I can't really say anything here, but after this wasted message, I can send you the document"

You can attach the NDA when you post the job - just make sure that it follows Upwork's ToS regarding NDA's and contact information (you don't want your posting to get flagged as inappropriate because of contact info). In the description, direct them to submit a signed copy of the NDA as an attachment to their proposal. Then you can send the candidates the real job description boilerplate.

Hi Valeria it's also my problem. Because mostly companies contact me via telegram, Whatsapp etc. After the complete projects how we send our project . How because there is no file attachment options. These options only on a submitting proposal time 

Please explain and help me 

Hi Anis,

Arjay here stepping in for Valeria. I would like to let you know that sharing contact information before a contract has started is against Upwork's Terms of Service and that all communications prior to the contract starting must take place on Upwork. We also encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the Flag as an Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here.

You may want to check this help article and this thread for more information on how to stay safe on Upwork.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths