🐈
» Forums » Clients » How to split a fixed budget into Milestones?
Page options
6788c3d9
Community Member

How to split a fixed budget into Milestones?

Hi,

I have a job contract which is $100 fixed price, but I wish to split this amount up into different milestones. The problem is that I can add milestones but this ADDS budget onto the original budget of $100. I merely want to split this $100 into two milestones.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

Budget does not matter. Ignore it.

Funded escrow payments for milestones are what matters.

Thank you.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Dan,

Since you've already funded your milestone, now you can release less than the full amount and use the reaming amount to fund a second milestone. 

To learn more about how to release a partial payment, check out this help article. If something is still confusing, feel free to follow up here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I don't think this is working as intended. 

So I added a $50 milestone but I cannot pay this. I can only pay the first milestone which is $100 for the fixed price job. Why is this?

The $100 milestone is locked and I can't move it or make any changes. It looks like I have to pay this $100 before I can do anything else.

EDIT: The UI has changed since the screenshots in the help article were taken. I am afraid to click 'PAY' on the popup and there is nowhere before this where I can adjust the payment amount.

Hi Dan,

The steps below are designed for taking action after your freelancers has submitted their work on the milestone. 

To release a partial milestone amount for work submitted through the Upwork platform:

1. Select the contract from Jobs  My Jobs and click Review & Pay
  2. Choose Approve & Pay
  3. Click the pencil icon 
  4. Enter the amount to be released
  5. Click Send Payment

To learn more about this please refer to the section "Release less than the full amount" in this Guide.

At the moment your freelancers haven't submitted their work. However, you can still release a partial payment by clicking on the Pay button > Pay > Click on the Pencil Icon and edit the amount. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths