🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: How to stop cheating Clients?
Page options
rlong98
Community Member

How to stop cheating Clients?

Here's the issue. When you propose a job and they ASK for you to send them a solution to see if it will work. i.e. Excel Formula or Macro/VBA There is no other way to communicate this. QUESTION(S) 1. If a client accepts a proposal and it doesn't work out - can they dismiss the acceptance easily? 2. If a client gets a tip from my proposal - i.e. sending an example of work - and they take the idea and it works out - THEN they don't "have to" accept any proposal - in essence getting free tips. 3. How to do you get around trying to propose when they ask for an example before they accept my offer? Thank you
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Clients should not be asking freelancers to actually do work as part of submitting a job proposal. I am saying this as a general fact. I have not looked at any jobs the original poster is wondering about.

If a freelancer sees a job that violates this rule, they can flag it using the "Flag as inappropriate" link button.

Screen Shot 2019-12-04 at 3.33.36 PM.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
hardorff
Community Member

I never apply to jobs where the client wants me to send him/her ideas on how to solve the job before I'm even hired.
Find other clients to do business with.

prestonhunter
Community Member

Clients should not be asking freelancers to actually do work as part of submitting a job proposal. I am saying this as a general fact. I have not looked at any jobs the original poster is wondering about.

If a freelancer sees a job that violates this rule, they can flag it using the "Flag as inappropriate" link button.

Screen Shot 2019-12-04 at 3.33.36 PM.png

jimmyca
Community Member

Trying to stop cheating clients is like trying to find honest politicians; it's not going to happen. Trust your intuition and also check with Upwork support, tell them who the client is and ask what they can tell you about the potential client's history on Upwork.

Please do not contact Upwork Customer Support to ask them about a potential client.

Upwork provides information about clients.

Look at the information that Upwork provides, including their feedback history and hiring statistics. Read the client's job posting.

Upwork Customer Support personnel do not have any "special" or "secret" information about clients that they can provide to freelancers.

I never did contact customer support about a client.

This is why I posted here about a "scenario" that seems to be common in many proposals.

re: "I never did contact customer support about a client."

I was providing a tip for Jimmy.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths