cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop stop the salary option

Barbara G Member Since: Aug 29, 2017
1 of 4

I have as a client contract for fix price, 150 $ a week. Now its show  that I have been chargeng solary per week and by hours rate.(last week $214) I need to stop solary option for this week, bc my freelenser going to charge me extra 18 hours. Pay $600 for this job it is not what I have on my buget. What to do ?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 4

If you ONLY want to pay the salary (which is only possible with an hourly contract, NOT a fixed rate one) simply set the maximum weekly hours to 0, so you are not charged for any hours the freelancer logs, ONLY for the weekly salary.

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
3 of 4

To add to what Petra wrote, this gets complex, but suppose the client wants to limit payment to a maximum of $150 per week, yet pay hourly. Then supposing the rate was $10/hr, she could set a weekly maximum of 15 hours, and omit the weekly pay amount.

4 of 4

Hi Barbara,

I see you have already closed the hourly contract that had both salary and logged time on it. You can ask your freelancer to issue a refund for the salary or the hours they logged. If you need any assistance with that, feel free to contact Upwork customer support here.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS