🐈
» Forums » Clients » How to stop your previous freelancers contact...
Page options
2595bf69
Community Member

How to stop your previous freelancers contacting you about new jobs?

Every time we post a new job we are being bombarded by previous contractors with offers even know they were in a completely different category. How do we stop them from contacting us about new job postings?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It's thoughtful of you to ask the question. The answer depends on your wishes and the situation. If this person is harassing you, being a pain, or annoying you, and you have asked them to stop, then blocking them is completely acceptable. Once a contract ends, you are under no obligation to respond to them. I see jobs from previous clients and do not apply unless highly qualified for the project. No professional freelancer would behave in this manner.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
williamtcooper
Community Member

Neri,

Block them using the Block feature. Keep in mind that once blocked there will be no messaging in either direction. Have a great day!

Is this an ok practice or a little too extreme?

It's thoughtful of you to ask the question. The answer depends on your wishes and the situation. If this person is harassing you, being a pain, or annoying you, and you have asked them to stop, then blocking them is completely acceptable. Once a contract ends, you are under no obligation to respond to them. I see jobs from previous clients and do not apply unless highly qualified for the project. No professional freelancer would behave in this manner.

I don't think there is anything extreme about blocking a freelancer.

The freelancer is not your niece. The freelancer is a stranger on the Internet who you hired to do a job.

sajal36
Community Member

Why you want to stop freelancer from sending the proposal, if they have done the good job in the past for your project. Rather you can ask them that proposal in different category is not accepatble from them and you will concern on continuation of the same trend.

However, if freelancer who have not done the good job that can be blocked. You build rapport when you develop mutual trust, professional relationship and affinity with professional colleague and it take jsut a second to undo all the effort. And this is applicable to all.

2595bf69
Community Member

They have done a good job designing a logo for our client. Now we posted Shopify project and this guy wrote me says he is working with Shopify guy who can help me, then we post social media he is offering some company he partnered up with. Even tho we stated in the job description we want to work directly with freelancer.

yofazza
Community Member

I think I get it. I once have a business with someone where I'm very satisfied with the service, but then he spam me (on WhatsApp) like every 3 days so I blocked him.

I think it's you who can decide if the annoyance outweigh the relationship, or vice versa.

I also understand if you don't want to just "talk it out" with him.

So it is just one past freelancer "bombarding" you, or this is just one example of many?

sajal36
Community Member

I believe you can just message him that you are concerned on repeatitive messages. In case, he does not comply you can block him. Professionaly he is trying to put his sales pitch which is boucning back badly to the freelancer.

You can be harsh, but than think that you are providing livlihood to many by providing freelancing opportunity. And as the freelancer done a good job, I think he deserve one warning from your side.

ce296437
Community Member

Just block him from the messages 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths