🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: How to verifie new card?
Page options
75e25897
Community Member

How to verifie new card?

Hello,

I have a problem. I have added my new card as a new billing method, and I get notification that Upwork cannot verify my new card. My card is new and it is in function. Please for help! Thank you

11 REPLIES 11
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Michael, 

I wanted to check if you were adding any of the following credit cards to your account: Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express cards?

~ Avery
Upwork
75e25897
Community Member

Hello Avery,

Thank you for the answer. My card is Mastercard.

Hi Michael,

I checked and it looks like your bank has been declining the charges from Upwork each time we tried to charge your card, as part of the verification process. Please contact your bank directly to check the reason for declining the charges and feel free to add a different billing method in the meantime.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Thank you very much for the response!

Hello,

I have checked with my bank, and they told me that there is no problem with the card, and that I have money on it. My card  is Mastercard.  Just to mention, that is my new card.  The old card (my first billing method) is not in the function, that bank (Alfa bank) is closed, so Aik Bank took over clients, so I get the new card that Upwork didn't accept. Should I open a new profile and try again?

Please for the help and thanks once again. 

Hi Michael,

You can set up your new card on the account as you have set up your first card by going to Settings > Billing Methods.
If you need help with setting up your billing method contact our customer support or send me a PM with more details, thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks for the replay,

Again, when I add a new billing method and I get the notification: ,,We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.''  In bank they told me that there is no problem with the card, except that my card it is in euros, so that could be a problem?

Hi Michael,

Could you confirm that the Mastercard you are using is not a prepaid card and that it has the functionality of working as a credit card?

~Nina

Thanks for the answer,

My card is Mastercard Standard, I think that is a prepaid card and that it has the functionality of working as a credit card.

Hi Michael,

I believe the error you are experiencing is due to the fact that Upwork does not accept prepaid cards. Please add a different billing method if possible, thank you.

~Nina

Thank you Nina for the answer.

I paid one client before with the same type of card. 

Maybe if  something has changed in the meantime. 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths