Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to verifie new card?

75e25897
Michael S Member Since: Mar 3, 2018
1 of 12

Hello,

I have a problem. I have added my new card as a new billing method, and I get notification that Upwork cannot verify my new card. My card is new and it is in function. Please for help! Thank you

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2 of 12

Hi Michael, 

I wanted to check if you were adding any of the following credit cards to your account: Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express cards?

~ Avery
Upwork
75e25897
3 of 12

Hello Avery,

Thank you for the answer. My card is Mastercard.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 12

Hi Michael,

I checked and it looks like your bank has been declining the charges from Upwork each time we tried to charge your card, as part of the verification process. Please contact your bank directly to check the reason for declining the charges and feel free to add a different billing method in the meantime.

Untitled
75e25897
5 of 12

Thank you very much for the response!

75e25897
6 of 12

Hello,

I have checked with my bank, and they told me that there is no problem with the card, and that I have money on it. My card  is Mastercard.  Just to mention, that is my new card.  The old card (my first billing method) is not in the function, that bank (Alfa bank) is closed, so Aik Bank took over clients, so I get the new card that Upwork didn't accept. Should I open a new profile and try again?

Please for the help and thanks once again. 

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
7 of 12

Hi Michael,

You can set up your new card on the account as you have set up your first card by going to Settings > Billing Methods.
If you need help with setting up your billing method contact our customer support or send me a PM with more details, thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork
75e25897
8 of 12

Thanks for the replay,

Again, when I add a new billing method and I get the notification: ,,We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.''  In bank they told me that there is no problem with the card, except that my card it is in euros, so that could be a problem?

nkocendova
Community Guru
Nina K Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
9 of 12

Hi Michael,

Could you confirm that the Mastercard you are using is not a prepaid card and that it has the functionality of working as a credit card?

~Nina
75e25897
10 of 12

Thanks for the answer,

My card is Mastercard Standard, I think that is a prepaid card and that it has the functionality of working as a credit card.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS