🐈
» Forums » Clients » How to verify identity of freelancer
Page options
meetings
Community Member

How to verify identity of freelancer

How to verify identity of freelancer that they are located in the States and which state they live in?

4 REPLIES 4
lysis10
Community Member

Ask for a VoIP call. I don't have a camera but you can tell from my accent I'm a pure beach bum american. That's how clients do it.

Jennifer M wrote:

Ask for a VoIP call. I don't have a camera but you can tell from my accent I'm a pure beach bum american. That's how clients do it.

I'm pretty sure you could fake a french accent if your life depended on it....

Martina P wrote:

Jennifer M wrote:

I'm pretty sure you could fake a french accent if your life depended on it....

oooh that would be cringe. I grew up around hispanics and I still speak spanish like a gringa.

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "How to verify identity of freelancer that they are located in the States and which state they live in?"

Schedule a Skype video call.

Tell them ahead of time that you will be asking them to hold up their driver's license, and tell them that they are are welcome to put tape over their driver's license # if they want to.

Tell them that you will simply be looking at their face, and looking at the driver's license, and using that to verify that they actually live in the state that they claim to live in.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths