🐈
» Forums » Clients » How to withdraw money that are in my balance
Page options
eb586ace
Community Member

How to withdraw money that are in my balance

Hello,

I have a balance of 50 USD in my upwork account. Is it possible to withdraw that money back to my paypal account. I cant seem to find a way how to do that. Please help. Help section does not cover my my case. A client can never withdraw money from upwork?

31 REPLIES 31
petra_r
Community Member

It can be returned to the payment method you originally used to pay it, assuming it was a refund from a freelancer?

If so, contact Support and ask for it to be returned to your payment method.

Be aware that it can ONLY go back to where it came from (so if you used your PayPal when you originally paid, it can only go back to that specific PayPal account)

eb586ace
Community Member

Thank you Petra so much. Yes it is a refund and yes I want to deposit it back to the same paypal account. I can not contact customer support. I don't have an open project. Its ridiculous how do I contact support if I don't have an open project? Sorry but soo confused with upwork.

Hi Dritan,

I can confirm the information Petra shared and will ask someone from our team to follow up with you directly.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Thank you soo much!

nsdalizu
Community Member

hi petra,

how can i intiate this process?

i have it in my balance and i guess it came from the Upwork guys as a refund for some programmer who they threw out of the platform.

Hi Nicholas,

I'll ask our team to reach out and assist you with withdrawing your account balance.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Hi Vladimir,

I would appreciate it if you have your team reach out to me to assist with balance withdrawal as there is currently no way to do so

Regards

Fadi 

Hakaya Tech.

Hi, 

I also have this problem. Can you have an upwork rep contact me and help me withdraw my balance? thanks

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Amen, 

I've reached out to the Customer Support team and an agent should reach out to you to help you with your issue.

~ Avery
Upwork
2d69aaf0
Community Member

Hi there, I would like to withdraw balance from my account. Please assist, thank you!

Hi Kar,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your balance. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Spoiler

no option to return money balance back to my bank account

Hi Drew,

I checked your account and it looks like you already chatted with our team regarding your refund. Please refer to the information they shared and if you need further help, please let us know. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Fadi,

We will ask one of our team members to reach out to you and assist you with this.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

I havent heared from Upwork team regarding this issue. It has been about 10 days!

I would appreciate your support on this matter

Fadi

Hi Fadi,

I'm sorry about the delay, I'll ask our team to contact you directly and assist with withdrawing your account balance as soon as possible.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Hi Vlad

Can you have your team contact me as well. I am having the same issue and would like to withdraw money from my account balance..

Thank you

Hi Aris,

I followed up with our team and we'll reach out to you directly to assist you with your request.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Hi Vlad,

I have the same problem.. I can't withdraw my balance.. Could you help me please with this issue?

Thank you in advance

Hi Menna,

Since you are a freelancer, your situation is different. In order to be able to withdraw your earnings, you need to go to your Settings> Tax Information and complete your W-8BEN form.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi Valeria,

I don't actually understand the purpose of this form or how to fill it.. Will you please tell me more information about it?
Knowing that I don't work for any foundation.. I'm a university student and work for my own..
Thank you so much,
Menna

Please can someone contact me also. I have the same issue & need to get my funds out. Please can someone contact me or reverseout the money asap! 

Thank you.

Hi Vicky,

I see here that you already reached out to our team through chat and email. A member of our team has already assisted you in resolving this issue, and you will also receive a response to your email. Thank you for your patience.

~ Joanne
Upwork
6a00127b
Community Member

Hi

Can i get help on this too.

i as a buyer have some left over after ending a contract and i cant find an option to withdraw

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tech,

I checked and it looks like the refund of these funds were already initiated. You can check this in your Transactions. After the refund is initiated, it typically takes 2 to 5 business days for the money to be refunded back to your credit card. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thanks for your reply

better if there was some option to click in everyones account so we dont need to chase help to get this info

I would like to withdraw a balance in my upwork account as well, and there does not seem to be a way to do so.  I would appreciate some help.

Hi Andrew,

We'll have one of our agents reach out directly via a support ticket to assist you further with that.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Aleksandar, 

I actually asked another member, thinking he was an upwork employee.  What happens if you're owed a refund and have a balance, and have switched business banks? I updated my upwork account with the correct payment method upon closing the old account. Are you able to refund the proceeds to the current payment method, if so, is there additional paperowork? If there is more paperwork other than tax info where can I find it?  I am a customer that has/will receive a refund(s) from a freelancer. Thanks so much. 

re: "I would like to withdraw a balance in my upwork account as well, and there does not seem to be a way to do so."

You have two options:

a) Leave the balance in your Upwork account and use it to pay freelancers for jobs you post in the future 

b) Ask Upwork Customer Support to initiate a withdrawal of the funds to your payment credit card or PayPal account.

There is no button that clients can use to directly withdraw those funds.

Do we know what happens if we have since changed business bank accounts from BoA to Wells? I actually think I used my PayPal debit card now that I think about it (hope so) so that will be fine for a refund. But if the original method is no longer valid what can you do in order to get the withdraw back? 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths