🐈
» Forums » Clients » How to write a review for my freelancer?
Page options
allstarrsocial
Community Member

How to write a review for my freelancer?

I really don't like all the changes odesk has made. The help and search is useless. It doesn't seem to matter what I look for, as the top several questions relate to getting paid in different countries, and other generics. I'm trying to figure out how to write a review for my freelancer, and the good work done, and give a 5 star, but can't figure it out. Help.
48 REPLIES 48

Hi Vladimir,

Thanks a lot for responding on such a short notice! I appreciate it!

Just shared this info with my client, hope it will solve this issue.

Still, obviosuly there's an issue here at your end you need to solve. This thread and Jonas case just proves it. I think you should take into account that there are employers using Upwork who are not that technically advanced. That's can be of the reasons why they search for help here in the first place. So Upwork needs to think from their perspective, too. I'm not complaining, I believe my issue here's solved, just giving you guys an honest feedback so you can improve your services.

In regards to browsing through your help section- well, it certainly helps with general issues but finding something more specific is not that easy and it's time consuming. In my opinion, if Upwork takes more than 20% (!!!) of our hard earned money away, a nice 24/7 chat support wouldn't hurt. Going through all those forum threads, spending so much time trying to find if someone has had a similar issue... I can earn money for myself and more Upwork in that time. Take Shopify as an example- I use them and pay them hundreds of dollars monthly mainly because of their unbelievable customer support. The platform itself is no better or worse than other e-commerce platforms, but the customer support is what set them apart. 

Thanks for your help again!

Arturs

Hi Arturs,

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We do have live chat support but it's not available to all freelancers at all times. Clients do have full and easy access to chat support. You are free to submit a support request at any time from your Support page and our agents usually reply in a matter of hours. 

Searching the Help section and Community is really easy as well, and you just need to make sure you're using a proper keyword.

Lastly, Upwork fees depend on the total billing per client and the baseline service fee is 20% for the first $500, not higher.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
arafathussan
Community Member

Everything is ok. just name changed to feeback from review. give your important feedback to freelancer or fine video on youtube (how to give feedback to freelancer).

Thanks

thecollegepress
Community Member

lol we have to have the freelacers permission to review them? our company was scammed out of $300 from this freelacer : **Edited for Community Guidelines**

i would like to warn others about his non work and fake profile. but i cant. he would have to give me permission? if someone does a bad job, do you think they should be allowed to keep me from reviewing him? 

lol very bad system. 

anyway, above is my warning to other people/companies. this man:**Edited for Community Guidelines** 

@College P wrote:

lol we have to have the freelacers permission to review them?

You definitely can review a freelancer, you don't need their permission. Once you close the job on Upwork you are invited to rate the freelancer and to write an accurate review. 

The freelancer is asked to do the same and when both of you do this, or automatically after 14 days, this feedback will show on the freelancer's profile.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

Hi College,

As Rene already explained you don't need freelancer's permission to leave feedback. However, the freelancer will need to enable you to edit feedback if it's been more than 14 days since the contract was closed. Please, check this post for more information about how Upwork feedback system works.

~ Valeria
Upwork
Community Member

Great Work!

f3553818
Community Member

I agree with your comments.  I want to give my freelancer a great review, but can't until the contract is over. That's too bad because others can't have access to my good experience with this freelancer until the job is done.  He's **Edited for Community Guidelines**, FL.   The work is system design, hardware selection and acquisition, network server configuration, administration and user support.   David is great.  

Hi Jeff,

We truly appreciate you for sharing your experience and observation. While freelancers and clients can leave feedback when a contract ends, if an active contract meets certain criteria, it will also qualify for mid-contract feedback. You can check this help article to be more familiar with the process. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths