🐈
» Forums » Clients » I Want To Hire A Client, but I cannot contact...
Page options
abrown27
Community Member

I Want To Hire A Client, but I cannot contact them

I want to hire a video editor for a series im working on, but I have no idea how to navigate upwork. It seems that it should be simple to contact a freelancer who does video editing (I already found someone), but I am unable to contact them at all. When I select the "Messages", it does not help at all. I can't click on the individuals profile and their contact information is not listed in their profile. What do i do?!

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I Want To Hire A Client, but I cannot contact them"

When we want to hire somebody, we hire a "freelancer."

We do not "hire a client."

It is EASY to contact a freelancer.
I simply post a job posting (which is free to do, by the way).

Then I navigate to the freelancer's profile page.

Then I click "invite."

NikolaS

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would like to let you know that to be able to hire a freelancer you need to make a job post and then you can send an offer to the freelancer you want to hire. 

When you have a project to complete and need a skilled professional to help, posting a job for free is the first step. You give us some details, then we show your post to freelancers and agencies who can send you proposals. Then you choose who to interview and hire. You may want to check these two articles to help you with posting a job and sending an offer. 

You may also want to check this article to help you find the right talent for the job. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
m_terrazas
Community Member

Aaron B wrote:

I want to hire a video editor for a series im working on, but I have no idea how to navigate upwork. It seems that it should be simple to contact a freelancer who does video editing (I already found someone), but I am unable to contact them at all. When I select the "Messages", it does not help at all. I can't click on the individuals profile and their contact information is not listed in their profile. What do i do?!

Do you have a customer account?
If you don't have it, you won't be able to contract.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths