cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Want to Change This Account to Hire Freelance Account or Delete

Prabath R Member Since: Jun 6, 2016
1 of 7

Dear Team I have other UpWork freelance account that i created recently. i forgot that i have this account that i created very long time back. now i want to change this account to hire freelancer account or cancel this account. how can u either cancel this account or change this account to hire freelancer account. thank you. 

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2 of 7

Hi Prabath, 

Please see this help article for detailed instructions on how to add a client-company to your existing account. Once done, you can start hiring freelancers on the platform. 

-Avery
Untitled
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 7

You can NOT have two accounts, with one being used as a client account, and one being used as a freelancer account. It would eventually lead to both accounts being suspended.

You need to close one of them. Once you have closed one account you can add a client account to the existing, remaining freelancer account.

Prabath R Member Since: Jun 6, 2016
4 of 7

Dear Team,

I Want to Delete this Account. How can i Delete.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 7

@Prabath R wrote:

Dear Team,

I Want to Delete this Account. How can i Delete.

You can not delete it, you can only close it.

Go to "Settings"

close account.jpg

Prabath R Member Since: Jun 7, 2016
6 of 7

Thank you all for the help. This is my original profile. how can i check my old one is cancels. can you all check and let me know. i dont want to loose my this account. now how can i hire freelancers from this account.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
7 of 7

Hi Prabath,

Please contact Customer Support and share your accounts details, so our team could ensure your second account is closed.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS