🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: I accidentaly ended contract with one of ...
Page options
b6a658e3
Community Member

I accidentaly ended contract with one of my best freelancers and now I need to fix it!

I ended contract with one of my best freelancer by mistake and gave a bad raiting but I was actualy ending contract with **Edited for community guidelines**. Could you please delete my bad feedback on Silvio and rehire him back to work with me. And I will end contract with Hara. 

Thank you! 

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

Hello, Master:

It is possible that somebody from Upwork will intervene and offer you help.

But you really don't need their help. You can do this all on your own if you don't want to wait.

The Upwork freelancer-side interface includes a button next to each closed contract that the freelancer can click on which will then allow you (the client) to CHANGE your feedback.

All you need to do is explain to the freelancer whose contract you accidentally closed what happened, and ask him to click the button.

Then you can change the feedback (written or star ratings) to anything you want.

You can not re-open the closed contract, but you can create a new contract. You can even use the original contract as a template for the new contract.

If it was me, personally, I would just go ahead and do this. It would be faster than trying to do these things through Upwork Customer Service or waiting for an Upwork moderator to help. If you do reach Upwork Customer Service or get advice from an Upwork moderator, they'll probably just provide instructions for how to do these things anyway, rather than actually changing things themselves.

If you have ANY questions about how to do any of this, post your question here. The Forum is open 24/7.

They can't delete their private feedback, only Upwork can but I don't think they will...

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Master, 

I have checked and it looks like you and your freelancer have resolved the situation amicably. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Bojan
Upwork

We're all human and make mistakes.  However, it's extremely unfortunate when an error can so negatively impact someone else.  As Baris stated, the negative Private Feedback that was given to the Freelancer will remain unless Upwork removes it.  Potentially that could have devastating consequences to the Freelancer.    

Latest Articles
Learning Paths