🐈
» Forums » Clients » I am looking for a contractor I had hired on ...
Page options
25e5ff4e
Community Member

I am looking for a contractor I had hired on eLance, is there an archive of those jobs someplace?

I am trying to reach out to a contractor who built a database for me through eLance. I would like to have it updated. I thought there was an archive of those jobs and messages someplace but can't seem to find it tonight. Any help is appreciated. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mtngigi
Community Member

@Matson B wrote:

Petra, thank you for the reply. I was immediately using Upwork as soon as the acquisition happened and went through their frustrating process at that time. Unfortunately they hadn't really worked it out. For a while you still had to access your elance messages through elance. 

Judging by very recent posts, my understanding is that it is still possible to access our Elance accounts. You might contact customer service or send a pm to a forum mod to see if they can help you out with that.

I just tested it, and while I can't use the site for work, I can still sign in.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Matson,

All of your ended contracts are listed under Jobs > All Jobs Postings.

If you need further help let us know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Goran, I appreciate the reply.

But, unfortunately they are not. I had at least a dozen jobs done on eLance and two done after Upwork took over (during that first year). Only those two jobs are listed. 

petra_r
Community Member

@Matson B wrote:

Goran, I appreciate the reply.

But, unfortunately they are not. I had at least a dozen jobs done on eLance and two done after Upwork took over (during that first year). Only those two jobs are listed. 

Then you probably didn't merge or migrate your Elance account 😞

If you remember the name try searching, and use only the first name plus the initial. Refine the search with all details you remember (country etc)

Good luck!

25e5ff4e
Community Member

Petra, thank you for the reply. I was immediately using Upwork as soon as the acquisition happened and went through their frustrating process at that time. Unfortunately they hadn't really worked it out. For a while you still had to access your elance messages through elance. 

mtngigi
Community Member

@Matson B wrote:

Judging by very recent posts, my understanding is that it is still possible to access our Elance accounts. You might contact customer service or send a pm to a forum mod to see if they can help you out with that.

I just tested it, and while I can't use the site for work, I can still sign in.

25e5ff4e
Community Member

That was it! Thank you! Your are awesome Virginia! 

Very interesting that I spent a good 20 minutes on with the Upwork CS team trying to solve this and never once did they mention that you can still access that data.

Funny thing is that I still had the link which is not just elance.com because that re-directs to Upwork, but for those who may be interested, if you goto:   https://www.elance.com/php/landing/main/login.php

That URL will bypass the redirect and let you log into the legacy eLance site.

Thank you again Virginia! 

mtngigi
Community Member

@Matson B wrote:

That was it! Thank you! Your are awesome Virginia! 

Very interesting that I spent a good 20 minutes on with the Upwork CS team trying to solve this and never once did they mention that you can still access that data.

Funny thing is that I still had the link which is not just elance.com because that re-directs to Upwork, but for those who may be interested, if you goto:   https://www.elance.com/php/landing/main/login.php

That URL will bypass the redirect and let you log into the legacy eLance site.

Thank you again Virginia! 

You're welcome - I can't imagine why a customer service rep wouldn't suggest this option.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths