cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am not able to filter by Cote D'Ivoire/Ivory Coast

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
11 of 21

Hi Nic,

I can confirm Ivory Coast is not available as an option in the location filter by design, due to certain restrictions Upwork has to abide by which prevent users from this country to create an account on Upwork.

Nic P Member Since: Nov 15, 2017
12 of 21

Sorry... but what rescrictions? 

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
13 of 21

Nic,

Freelancers from Cote D'Ivoire can't register on Upwork because their ability to access their Upwork earnings is limited. Since no freelancers from Cote D'Ivoire can register for an Upwork account at the moment, the country is excluded from the location filter in search as well.

~ Valeria
Untitled
14 of 21

Yes I understand they are excluded, but my question is why? As I worked with one a little over a month ago. Was there a change recently?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
15 of 21

Nic,

I won't be able to go into detail but, essentially, there are no valid ways for Upwork to send freelancers located in Cote D'Ivoire their earnings. For that reason since about a year ago the country isn't available as a location option on Upwork registration page and in search filters.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
16 of 21

@Vladimir G wrote:

Hi Nic,

I can confirm Ivory Coast is not available as an option in the location filter yb design, due to certain restrictions Upwork has to abide by which prevent users from this country to create an account on Upwork.

But why are there then numerous active profiles with that location? Are you sure that isn't old news from back in the day when there were sanctions and Ivory Coast was on the list of countries that can not work on Upwork, which has since been updated and the Ivory Coast removed from it?

BUT - the ones I found all have no recent jobs so.....

17 of 21

I can confirm I was working with someone in Abidjan up until about 1 month ago. 

As Vladimir pointed out: the rescrictions on CI were taken off quite a few years ago, so really there is absolutely no reason for blocking them. Furthermore Jumia and a number of other tech companies work there at the moment.

Do you work for Upwork?

Community Guru
18 of 21

@Nic P wrote:

Do you work for Upwork?

I don’t, I just haunt the forums when not working “through” Upwork as a freelancer and occasional client.

Vladimir works for Upwork Smiley Happy 

19 of 21

A real guru Smiley Happy thanks Petra

@vladimir - is there any chance you might be able to look into this? I would very much like to work with contractors in CI. Many thanks

Community Guru
20 of 21

@Nic P wrote:

A real guru Smiley Happy thanks Petra

@vladimir - is there any chance you might be able to look into this? I would very much like to work with contractors in CI. Many thanks

I am purely being nosy now, and of course you don’t have to say, but why specifically CI freelancers? Not hinting you shouldn’t or anything like that OF COURSE, it is just such a “unknown” place for most people.....

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS