cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am not getting any message notifications

Highlighted
Daniel L Member Since: Dec 14, 2017
1 of 13

I've gotten several messages this week that I misseed because I don't get any notification whatesover.  Nothing on my phone.  No e-mails.  Nothing on the desktop client.  Absolutely nothing!  I double-checked all of my settings and I don't see anything wrong.  What can I possibly do?

Daniel L Member Since: Dec 14, 2017
BEST ANSWER
2 of 13

Well, now that I've looked at my messages, everything is firing on all cylinders.  However, I didn't change any settings.   I guess messaging on upwork simply cannot be relied upon.  That's good to know.

Cody D Member Since: Apr 1, 2018
3 of 13

It's true, I'm having the same problems.  All of my nitification settings are enabled, but I'm not getting email or phone notifications. I just have to log in a couple of times a day and check my messages. VERY ANNOYING. 

Richard D Member Since: May 20, 2018
4 of 13

How is this marked solved!? I haven’t gotten messages forwarded to my email in a year! Someone needs to get on this.

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
5 of 13

Hi Richard,

Could you please go to your Settings > Notification Settings and check the email address that shows on top there? Make sure that's the one you are checking and Upwork notifications don't go to your spam folder. If none of these is an issue, then please submit a ticket to Customer Support with more details. Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Melissa C Member Since: May 8, 2017
6 of 13

Hi,

I am having the same problem I don't get any notifications on my Desktop and mobile. I did download the app but even then I just have to manually check everything. 

I was just lucky I happened to check messages from prospective clients at the right time to secure the job but there was no notification at all. 

If it's only email notifications, the system should be updated to get notifications on the desktop with a red mark or something.

Thanks.

Melissa

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
7 of 13

Hi Melissa, 

Our team member will reach out to you shortly and assist you further regarding this concern. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Ahsan A Member Since: May 30, 2018
8 of 13

Hi, there

I am also facing the same problem, not receiving any message notification, thanks

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
9 of 13

Hi Ahsan,

Could you please go to your Settings > Notification Settings and check the email address that shows on top there? Make sure that's the one you are checking and Upwork notifications don't go to your spam folder. Also note that you will only get notified about unread messages. If you view a messages on the site within 15 minutes after it's sent, the notification about it will not be sent.

If none of these is an issue, then please submit a ticket to Customer Support with more details. Thank you.

Untitled
Wylan O Member Since: Nov 3, 2015
10 of 13
I have same issue, no notification or email with messages. I am now at risk in losing my client of 4 years just because of no response from me for a week.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS