🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: I am not getting any message notification...
Page options
4cf65bfe
Community Member

I am not getting any message notifications

I've gotten several messages this week that I misseed because I don't get any notification whatesover.  Nothing on my phone.  No e-mails.  Nothing on the desktop client.  Absolutely nothing!  I double-checked all of my settings and I don't see anything wrong.  What can I possibly do?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
4cf65bfe
Community Member

Well, now that I've looked at my messages, everything is firing on all cylinders.  However, I didn't change any settings.   I guess messaging on upwork simply cannot be relied upon.  That's good to know.

View solution in original post

36 REPLIES 36
4cf65bfe
Community Member

Well, now that I've looked at my messages, everything is firing on all cylinders.  However, I didn't change any settings.   I guess messaging on upwork simply cannot be relied upon.  That's good to know.

It's true, I'm having the same problems.  All of my nitification settings are enabled, but I'm not getting email or phone notifications. I just have to log in a couple of times a day and check my messages. VERY ANNOYING. 

I'm having the same issue... I'm not receiving emails either and the email is correct.

tywest01
Community Member

How is this marked solved!? I haven’t gotten messages forwarded to my email in a year! Someone needs to get on this.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Richard,

Could you please go to your Settings > Notification Settings and check the email address that shows on top there? Make sure that's the one you are checking and Upwork notifications don't go to your spam folder. If none of these is an issue, then please submit a ticket to Customer Support with more details. Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
ae718d0e
Community Member

I've already set that, but I can't receive any notification from Upwork. Please let me know the solution.

Thank you.

Hi Oscar,

I'm sorry to hear you're still experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

I'm not getting message alerts by email. It was fixed for a while but the problem is back again. I can't spend my days coming to UpWork just to check messages! That's what the message alerts via email are for!  Somebody PLEASE fix this!

Hi Gary Val,

I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
mchungfat
Community Member

Hi,

I am having the same problem I don't get any notifications on my Desktop and mobile. I did download the app but even then I just have to manually check everything. 

I was just lucky I happened to check messages from prospective clients at the right time to secure the job but there was no notification at all. 

If it's only email notifications, the system should be updated to get notifications on the desktop with a red mark or something.

Thanks.

Melissa

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Melissa, 

Our team member will reach out to you shortly and assist you further regarding this concern. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, there

I am also facing the same problem, not receiving any message notification, thanks

Hi Ahsan,

Could you please go to your Settings > Notification Settings and check the email address that shows on top there? Make sure that's the one you are checking and Upwork notifications don't go to your spam folder. Also note that you will only get notified about unread messages. If you view a messages on the site within 15 minutes after it's sent, the notification about it will not be sent.

If none of these is an issue, then please submit a ticket to Customer Support with more details. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have same issue, no notification or email with messages. I am now at risk in losing my client of 4 years just because of no response from me for a week.
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Wylan, 

The Customer Support Team will look into your account, and they will get in touch with you to assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
nmcmoura
Community Member

This seems to be a problem that comes and goes, I had the same issues in the past, then everything looks working fine and then comes back.

Yesterday miss some messages, but since I am aware of it, I always check my messages page.

It would be nice if upwork could fix it.

Thanks
Nuno

Hi Nuno,

Could you please reach out to me via PM with more details about the specific messages you`re referring to so that our team can investigate it further? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

+1 Not recieving any notifications about new messages. No email either. Have checked spam folder. 
Settings in app says I should recieve on both app alert and email. 

Hi Kjetil,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket where you can share more details with us. Our team will investigate it and assist you further directly on your ticket. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Same issue here. Client ended the contract as it showed on her end that I am not responsive.

I raised a ticket earlier about this getting no notification both on email or app.
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mary, 

I looked into your account, and the ticket that you filed with the support team, and can see that they have shared a detailed explanation why you may have not received a notification that the client sent you a message. You may want to check your support ticket for more information. If you need further help about your concern, feel free to update the same ticket thread so that the team can assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
braniak
Community Member

Having the same problem. Already missed messages from a client twice. This is ridiculous. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Anastasiia,

I checked your account and notifications about unread messages are being sent to your email. Email notification is not sent if a message is registered as "read". A message would register as "read," when Messages are open in a browser tab or in the desktop app. Did you have Upwork.com open in your browser or had Messages open in the desktop app?

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
jimevry1
Community Member

Hi There,

I'd like to recieve notifications for any new jobs arising in my feed.  I have boxes checked in settings/notifications but don't receive any job alerts?

Thanks

Jim

Hi James,

Unfortunately we don't have this option at the moment. But you can also set up an RSS feed if it's a fit for you and receive automatic updates in a third-party feed reader. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
milicasst
Community Member

I have the same problem, i checked my settings and email, but i didn't get the message from the client that was urgent.
I am afraid that this will affect my work. Could you please check it and try to find the solution.

Hi Milica,

Could you please confirm where you haven't received any notifications about your client messages? Could you also confirm if you have received any email notifications about the messages you`ve received? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
spoy1
Community Member

This seems to be a recurring problem.  I missed out on opportunitites because I didn't receive any kind of notification.  How can this be reported so it's actually looked in to?

spoy1
Community Member

Is there a way to report that notifications aren't working? I had 2 people message me this week that I didn't receive any sort of notification for. Not on email, not on the app, not on desktop, not even on the website, had I not clicked into messages I would never have known. This is a major issue. I pay for the connections and the leads, the least that I can expect is to be notified when someone is interested in scheduling an interview so I don't have to discover it 2 days later when I just happen to log in and check messages.

Hi Shirley,

I'm sorry to hear about what happened. I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
jeremiah-brown
Community Member

I have had this issue for multiple years.  The little icon doesn't show up when I receive a new message.  

How many Upwork windows do you have open?  If I recall, I think this causes some type of problem where the little icon won't populate.

drnewman12
Community Member

I am also having this problem. Setting are correct and I get other emails from Upwork but I do not get notifications of new messages in either of my accounts and sometimes I don't get notifications when I am invited to a job.

Hi Angelia,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
d15ae31e
Community Member

Hi,

I'm also not recieving any notifications for my phone or my desktop. 

Please can someone help! As I'm not able to apply for work. 

Many thanks.

Hi Bradley,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like you were able to reach out to the team and raised a support ticket regarding your concern. Please allow our team 24-48 hours to further review and you will be getting an update on this page once done. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
98babbc7
Community Member

Hi! I'm having the same issue, I'm not receiving emails nor notifications from Upwork. I checked all settings, spam folder, browser settings etc. Please advise what to do. I also can't seem to reach customer support. Thank you for your help!

Latest Articles
Learning Paths