🐈
» Forums » Clients » I am trying to get hold of the freelancer I h...
Page options
kqyq1010
Community Member

I am trying to get hold of the freelancer I hired to get final files of my project:

I am trying to get hold of the freelancer who I paid close to $2400 and I am still waiting for the final files to be delivered for a website project. I tried contacting him but there is no answer. I sent him messages via WhatsApp and tried calling him---but he is not answering. 

Any help in this regard is much appreciated. The worst thing is there is no help or support line for me to call Upwork and get this resolved.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
richardrader
Community Member

Hey Yasmin, unfortunately I don't think UpWork will be able to help in this case as the freelancer seems to be ignoring communication in regards to the project and your freelancer has your files (not UpWork). 

For this website are the files hosted on a server in your control?
Is there a repository of some sort the code is on that you have control over?

For future reference I would always ask for files to be uploaded to my server or a github repository that I have control over as they complete the work so I could check them as they go along. If the only person that has the files is the freelancer, then the only way to possibly retrieve them is by communicating with the freelancer. Hopefully the freelancer has a good reason they stopped communication and will respond to you as soon as possible so that you can retrieve your files.

AndreaG

Hi Yasmin,

I'm sorry to hear your freelancer has become unresponsive. I've forwarded your concern to the team and they will be reaching out to you via support ticket in order to assist you.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Clients commissioning development projects should always think:

What if this freelancer died RIGHT NOW?

Is that a problem?

It SHOULDN'T BE.

Think about the bank where you business bank account was set up. A banker helped set that up. Imagine her name is "Francine." What if Francine died RIGHT NOW?

Would THAT be a problem for YOU?
No.

It wouldn't matter.

Your money is safe, even if that banker dies RIGHT NOW.

Your web site or software development project should be like that.

What if it's not?
Then your project manager isn't doing her job.

(Do you know your project manager's name?
If you do NOT know the name of your project manager... then the project manager is YOU.)

[Substitute "died" for "experiencing a city-wide power outage" or "won the lottery" or "adopted puppies" or "went on a six-month sailboat cruise without Internet access" or any other reason why you can't contact her.]

Latest Articles
Learning Paths