🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: I can't activate a milestone
Page options
brandonkt
Community Member

I can't activate a milestone

I can't activate a milestone on my fixed price contract.

HELP!!!!!
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Brandon,

I checked and it looks like there is already an Active Milestone in your Fixed Price contract. Is this the Milestone you needed to activate? 

I can see there is a following Milestone as well, please know that funds must be released on the current milestone before the next one can be activated and funded. You can read more about managing contract Milestones here.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance,

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

43 REPLIES 43
AndreaG

Hi Brandon,

I checked and it looks like there is already an Active Milestone in your Fixed Price contract. Is this the Milestone you needed to activate? 

I can see there is a following Milestone as well, please know that funds must be released on the current milestone before the next one can be activated and funded. You can read more about managing contract Milestones here.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance,

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
6b42af99
Community Member

Hello

Please can you help me? I have the same problem. 

I add a new Milestone that is in the middle of the project, this milestone increases the price of the whole project because I'll pay $100 for this milestone but when I try to activate the Milestone it doesn't work.

Hi Alexandra,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
ad7795bc
Community Member

Hi,

Unfortunately we have the same issue. Our team can't activate the milestones for the freelancers we hired. Nothing happened after we clicked on 'Activate and Fund'. We tried with several internet connections across the globe (Vietnam, Argentina, Ireland) and also several web browsers but none of those worked. We checked our credit card/payment method and all looked normal. Could you please take a look into this and advise asap?

Thanks!

Hi Joel,

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles with activating the milestone. We'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi, 

I am having the same issue. I have released funds for the previous milestone (paid) and I cannot activate/fund the next one. This is super urgent as deadlines are tight and I can't expect my freelancer to work without activating and funding the next milestone.

Hi Ryan,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I also get the same problem. I can not activate and fund Milestone. When and press the button Activate and Fund, I have been noticed that: "Milestone activation failed. Please contact customer support"

Can you help me solve this problem?

Please solve this ASAP.

Thanks in advance

Dear Upwork Team,

I am a client. Recently, I can not pay Milestone for my freelancer. When I activate and fund, Upwork notice that: "Milestone activation failed. Please contact customer support". Who can help me solve this problem?

Please solve this problem for me ASAP. I need to pay for my freelancer to continue to work with him.

Best Regards, 

Hi Arnica,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

I have the exact same problem. I've tried the useless suggestions here of cleaning cache and another browser, but it doesn't work. It is an error in Upwork. Please help me

Hi Claus,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. Our team will reach out to you via ticket and email to assist you further with your milestone. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello! we have the same problem, My client can't activate a the second milestone of our project. We even changed dates for sending the project, but the milestone doesn't activate with my client, What can we do? 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Emma,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Since you have Proposed Changes to a Milestone your client can not activate it before they Review changes in the contract room and select  Accept or Decline as appropriate. Please refer them to the "Respond to a milestone change request" section of this help article.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi again, This issue happens again... Could you please advise asap? Thanks in advance!
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Joel,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble this caused. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with this request.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, this is happening to me as well. I'm trying to activate the final milestone but it says 'milestone activation failed.' Can you help?

Hello Jillian,

Could you please try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork

Hi, I tried both but it's still not working.

Hello Jillian,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork
a0ce7467
Community Member

Please I can't activate the second milestone, I have already paid the first one and I removed the cookies and cache but nothing happend 

Hi Silly,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
576e98ff
Community Member

Hi Andrea, I have the same issue, but your solution didn't help me. Can you have a look at my account and why I can't activate the next milestone? There is no active milestone iin my project.

Thanks in advance!

Serge

Hi Serge,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
2c62dbf4
Community Member

My client facing an issue while activating and fund for second milestone. He has successfully fund 1st milestone. But now he is facing the issue. It's a direct contract.

He got frustrated and nobody from upwork able to resolve this issue for him.

Hi Kunal,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you on this page with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
d4fe715f
Community Member

Hi there, 

I have same problem. I can't activate next milestone. Every time I press "activate & fund" my window freezes. Please help me. 

Hi Mads,

Could you try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in via another browser to activate your next milestone? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi again,

I just did. Same result. I’ve Also re-activated my payment information. Still same issue.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mads,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this issue. 

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
36deef1c
Community Member

Dear Upwork support team,

I am a client and have been using Upwork for more than three years.

Problem:
Recently, I can not pay Milestone for my freelancer. When I activate and fund, Upwork notice that: "Milestone activation failed. Please contact customer support".

Situation:
This issue just started recently. I have credit card configured as payment method.
I think this could have to do with the Visa payment multi factor authentication (Visa Secure). But then again, Upwork just doesn't forward me to a page where I could provide the additional passcodes as per Visa Secure. My credit card is fully working outside of Upwork, so the issue is with Upwork.

I need somebody ASAP to solve this problem? I need to pay for my freelancer to continue to work with him.

Best Regards, 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Philipp.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi !
I have the same problem, did you find a solution ? 

Thank you !

Pierre

Hi Pierre,

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with a different browser to see if the issue persists?

~Andrea
Upwork
e91bf19d
Community Member

Hello! I am having the same issue. Ive paid for my first milestone and added a second. I cant activate the new milestone and fund it. I need to get this done today due to a deadline. Can someone please contact me with customer support or help in any way

Hi Jashneel,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble activating a milestone. A Customer Support Team member will be reaching out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hello, same issue here! My client can't activate the last milestone of our project. We've tried everything, but the milestone doesn't activate. It still says ''Milestone activation failed. Please contact customer support.'' It's urgent to fix this – what can be done?

dariayordanova
Community Member

Hello, same issue here! My client can't activate the last milestone of our project. We've tried everything, but the milestone doesn't activate. It still says ''Milestone activation failed. Please contact customer support.'' It's urgent to fix this – what can be done?

Hi Daria,

Thank you for your message. Could you please request your client to contact us directly so that we can assist them in a better way?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths