🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: I can't activate a milestone
Page options
58e22ad9
Community Member

I can't activate a milestone

I need to activate a milestone, which I've done dozens of times before, but the system gave me an error and told me to contact customer support. Please help, it is urgent!

S

17 REPLIES 17
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Samhitha,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your milestone. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

My client is having the same issue. He funded and paid out the first milestone, set up a second milestone and keeps getting an error message when trying to activate it. 

The project is nearing its final deadline and I am hoping this can be resolved soon so I can get the official work to the client without losing the pay.

Hi Mohamad,

Could you share your Contract ID with me here so that our team can reach out to them directly and assist them further? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

The contract ID is: 26993562

Best,
Mohamad
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mohamad,

Thank you for following up. We'll have one of our agents reach out to your client to assist them with this concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

re: "I need to activate a milestone, which I've done dozens of times before, but the system gave me an error and told me to contact customer support. Please help, it is urgent!"

I don't actually know why this happens. I'm just an Upwork user like you.

But if I encountered something like this, I would probably just try closing the contract and creating a new contract with the new milestone. It doesn't cost me anything as a client to create a new contract versus adding a milestone to an existing contract.

Not necessarily an "ideal" situation. But if something is buggy, then I'll try this workaround.

be12252c
Community Member

Thank you!
be12252c
Community Member

Hi Goran,

No one has reached out to my client yet. Any updates?

My work for him is due tomorrow.

Thank you
(Apologies if this message goes out to others in the thread)

Hi Mohamad, 

I checked and could see that one of our agent already reached out to your client to assist them. Please note that for privacy reasons, we cannot share information about another’s user’s account which we hope you understand. 

Could you please ask them to contact us directly on any social media they prefer and we will be happy to help?

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Goran,

The contract ID is: 26993562

Best,
Mohamad

I feel like I have recently seen a lot of threads - not just this one - in which clients or freelancers reported that the client got an error when trying to set up a new milestone.

Yes, in searching it, I found a few threads with it. The first milestone went through normal, payment was funded and released but the new milestone refuses to go through! We tried making a new contract and same issue. But hopefully they resolve it with upwork customer services! My client needs the work by tomorrow and I can’t hand it over without a funded milestone.

If I am a client and I need work quickly and I am experiencing an error like this, then I am closing the contract and creating a new contract.

I can't activate my new milestone either. Same issue as what's described on forum. Can someone look into this for me please? 

Hi Jun,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble activating a milestone. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
160b6234
Community Member

I also can't activate milestone. Yesterday I paid my freelancer and today it says error. Also it seems like my billing method is not right, but I can't remove it nor add it again

Hi Star,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your billing method and your milestone. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths