🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: I can't contact upwork
Page options
f53abec4
Community Member

I can't contact upwork

Hello,

I followed alll the steps on the Support page and always get taken to the 'Choose channel page' but there is never an option to contact upwork. It seems releated to this issue here: 

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Clients/How-to-contact-Upwork-customer-service-support/td-p/339687

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Kasim,

One of our team members will contact you directly and assist you further, they will also investigate the issue why you can contact our customer support.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

45 REPLIES 45
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Kasim,

One of our team members will contact you directly and assist you further, they will also investigate the issue why you can contact our customer support.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks Goran, they have been in touch and resolved this issue!

I also cannot contact UpWork. I've gone though all of the suggested "channels" and it appears to just run freelancers through a giant "click loop"; it's kind of insanity.

I wrote a detailed description of my issue, only to have it deleted as I clicked through further options. I, of course, re-wrote it (saving it my notes, as to not be further screwed) and continued to try to contact UpWork in some form... all to no avail. There are numerous gripes about this, accessed via a simple Google search. My wife is also a very successful freelance writer, and among her writer groups, UpWork is considered a joke and a rip-off. I signed up back when this was O-Desk, and only recently decided to give it a try in my free time. This is getting silly UpWork. Please contact me regarding my very valid, yet simple concern. It should NOT be this hard to contact someone. I definitely didn't want to air any of this on this community forum, but that was literally the only option I have been provided. My patience is at an end. It seems like the "moderators" seem to reply fairly quickly, but wouldn't it be a lot easier (and involve a lot less "smack talking") to just provide a simple "Contact Us" link prominently located anywhere on the site?

Hi James,

I apologize for the predicament you have experienced.
Please, go here to learn about our options to contact us, besides our Community.

Felix
Untitled

Hi Felix, 

I am having similar problems to contact Upwork. I can't access Help and Support, I get redirected to my homepage instead. 

Even the link you provide in your message takes me to a help page and redirects me to my job feed after a few seconds. 

Can you help? 

Thanks in advance. 

This is just a click loop.

Hi Sean,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Can you pls help me im trying to create a profile as a freelancer and i filled in everything but there is no submit option or next. so i cannot complete or finish the profile and i also cannot contact support i can only speak to the bot and if i click get help it says the option is not available. 

Hi Angelo,

Please use a computer if you have not to fill out the details on your application, once you have finished it click on the button Submit for a Review at the bottom of the page. If you`re receiving any errors on your end let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

hey i am using desktop pc and i've filled in everything as i said the issue
here is
there is no submit button at all. i've also sent you an attachment with
screenshot so you can see

Hi Angelo,

I see that you already have a ticket for this issue. Thank you for sharing a screenshot, the team member assisting you will update the ticket to assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

This is ridiculous. I'm on a computer and the button is greyed out as well. You guys can't even fix your own issues. 

Hi I just recently signed up and Im wanting to delete my account but I can't seem to find the page where I can do that could you please help

Hi Nicole,

I just checked your account and can confirm that you have successfully closed it from your end, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I would like to contact support in private, but do that before I register a real account. There is no way to do that right now, so I'd like someone to contact me instead, if possible. thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Max,

Please click on my name and send me PM with more information regarding your concern and I will advise you accordingly and share your report further with our team if it is required. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Goran, 

I also need to connect with upwork. I was "hired" for an intro job by a client. This was my first job with Upwork. We agreed on $65, and he gave me the mateirals. I reviewed and copy edited. 

Then the client has stopped responding. And I don't know what to do about it because he never officially accepted my proposal. Guy seems maybe unprofessional. 

Anyway, at this point, I'd like to close the job with the work I did and collect payment. 

re: "Then the client has stopped responding. And I don't know what to do about it because he never officially accepted my proposal."

Nothing can be done. You had no contract.

You need to learn from your mistake and not make that same mistake again.

The work you did belongs to you because you were not paid for it. You may post it in your portfolio or do anything you want with it.

The only way to get paid is if the client sends you an official hire offer and sets up a contract. That is between you and the client.

Upwork will not help freelancers get paid if the freelancer works without a contract.

Well, it was my first job and I didn't know the process yet. I thought
since he had hired people before, he would initiate the contract.

Please have someone review my discussion with **edited for Community Guidelines** (the only messages
I've exchanged on the platform). I don't believe he intended to stiff me.

re: "Well, it was my first job and I didn't know the process yet. I thought since he had hired people before, he would initiate the contract."

Brennan:

Don't worry so much about this. I think it is okay to learn by doing, which is what you did.

You learned to not work for free.

re: "Please have someone review my discussion with **edited for Community Guidelines** (the only messages I've exchanged on the platform). I don't believe he intended to stiff me."

And yet... this experienced client, who has hired people before, DID stiff you.

If you want to pursue this, you may ask the client to send you a hire offer so you can accept it, thus creating a contract.

Upwork is not going to create a contract on your behalf.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Brennan, 

I checked and it looks like already have a contract with this client, and you recently submitted work for the first milestone. I would like to note that your client will have 14-days to review the work you submitted. If your client doesn't get back to you within those 14-days, the money in escrow will automatically be paid to your account. You may read more about getting paid for fixed-price contracts here.

Since you are new here, I highly recommend that you read up on the freelancer resources we have compiled, for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. Please don’t forget to read the Safety First! section of the resources, and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs for more information about working safely through Upwork.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi There,

I have a problem login into my upwork account. I forgot my password and I can't access to the email account that I used to create the upwork account.  Can somebody please help? I have a US Verified upwork account and it was approved and runing. I had to create a new account just to be able to write here in the community forum. Thank you! 

Hi Veronica,

At the bottom of this help article you'll find the link to this form.

Please, complete the form with all the information that's available to you and the team will reach back to you to further assist you with restoring access to your account. 

Thank you!

~ Valeria
Upwork

HI Goran, can you please get someone to contact me too. I have money/payments coming out of my bank from Upworf that I do not recognise.

thanks

Jason 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jason,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello
I am having repeat issues with creating my profile - specifically uploading my photo. Why in this day and age is a photo relevant is beyond me - wake up!! Incredibly frustrating and NO HELP available......this has been an epic fail.

Hi Elizabeth,

I'm sorry to hear about your issues with the profile photo. Could you please let us know how we can help you? Are you getting any error while trying to upload one?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Please call **Edited for Community Guidelines** as I have put in several calls to up work but gotten absolutely no reply. **Edited for Community Guidelines**.

Also, What is the name and contact information of the individual who heads up the dispute team for upwork ?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Arline,

I'm sorry to hear about this. I followed up with our dispute team and our team will continue assisting you on your open ticket to resolve this situation.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Goran,  Please have someone contact me as well.  The Contact Us button goes nowhere, and I can't find any way to get LIVE help.  I need to discuss the incomprehensible Upwork billing system.

Beville 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Beville,

Could you please share more information with us about your concern so that we can address it accordingly or have the correct support team assist you?

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, as I can see lot of users facing this issue. When I googled for help I found similiar issues from 2017-2020. Why this issue is still not resolved ? And by the way, I am facing the same issue. How one is supposed to connect help center if links not working. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Himanshu,

We apologize for the inconvenience this caused. Could you please share with us your concern so that we can assist you accordingly or have the correct support team assist you?

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello,

I can't contact customer support too, I also sent an email but haven't received a response yet.

I need help regarding my JSS score

Thanks

Hi Israel,

Thank you for your message. I see that you are already communicating with the support team via a support ticket here. One of our team members will reach out to you via the same ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Israel M wrote:

I need help regarding my JSS score

Support can't help you with your JSS score.

What is your actual question?

Good day sir what can I help you

lafi_digital
Community Member

I'm having the same issue. Why something so simple is so hard to do.

Hi Leighton,

We'd love to help. Can you please clarify the error you're getting?

~ Riri
Latest Articles
Learning Paths