cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't contact upwork

Highlighted
Fred C Member Since: May 24, 2016
11 of 26

This is ridiculous. I'm on a computer and the button is greyed out as well. You guys can't even fix your own issues. 

Highlighted
Nicole S Member Since: Dec 3, 2018
12 of 26
Hi I just recently signed up and Im wanting to delete my account but I can't seem to find the page where I can do that could you please help
Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
13 of 26

Hi Nicole,

I just checked your account and can confirm that you have successfully closed it from your end, thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Max M Member Since: Dec 5, 2018
14 of 26

I would like to contact support in private, but do that before I register a real account. There is no way to do that right now, so I'd like someone to contact me instead, if possible. thanks

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
15 of 26

Hi Max,

Please click on my name and send me PM with more information regarding your concern and I will advise you accordingly and share your report further with our team if it is required. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Brennan P Member Since: Nov 6, 2019
16 of 26

Hi Goran, 

I also need to connect with upwork. I was "hired" for an intro job by a client. This was my first job with Upwork. We agreed on $65, and he gave me the mateirals. I reviewed and copy edited. 

Then the client has stopped responding. And I don't know what to do about it because he never officially accepted my proposal. Guy seems maybe unprofessional. 

Anyway, at this point, I'd like to close the job with the work I did and collect payment. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
17 of 26

re: "Then the client has stopped responding. And I don't know what to do about it because he never officially accepted my proposal."

Nothing can be done. You had no contract.

You need to learn from your mistake and not make that same mistake again.

The work you did belongs to you because you were not paid for it. You may post it in your portfolio or do anything you want with it.

The only way to get paid is if the client sends you an official hire offer and sets up a contract. That is between you and the client.

Upwork will not help freelancers get paid if the freelancer works without a contract.

Highlighted
Brennan P Member Since: Nov 6, 2019
18 of 26

Well, it was my first job and I didn't know the process yet. I thought
since he had hired people before, he would initiate the contract.

Please have someone review my discussion with **edited for Community Guidelines** (the only messages
I've exchanged on the platform). I don't believe he intended to stiff me.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
19 of 26

re: "Well, it was my first job and I didn't know the process yet. I thought since he had hired people before, he would initiate the contract."

Brennan:

Don't worry so much about this. I think it is okay to learn by doing, which is what you did.

You learned to not work for free.

re: "Please have someone review my discussion with **edited for Community Guidelines** (the only messages I've exchanged on the platform). I don't believe he intended to stiff me."

And yet... this experienced client, who has hired people before, DID stiff you.

If you want to pursue this, you may ask the client to send you a hire offer so you can accept it, thus creating a contract.

Upwork is not going to create a contract on your behalf.

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
20 of 26

Hi Brennan, 

I checked and it looks like already have a contract with this client, and you recently submitted work for the first milestone. I would like to note that your client will have 14-days to review the work you submitted. If your client doesn't get back to you within those 14-days, the money in escrow will automatically be paid to your account. You may read more about getting paid for fixed-price contracts here.

Since you are new here, I highly recommend that you read up on the freelancer resources we have compiled, for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. Please don’t forget to read the Safety First! section of the resources, and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs for more information about working safely through Upwork.

-Avery
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS