cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't hire a freelancer

Brigid C Member Since: Apr 22, 2020
1 of 15

I have been trying for the last couple hours to send through a contract to a freelancer to 'hire' them. I reviewed the proposal and pressed 'hire' but I can't complete the form. Once I fill the form out and tick the 'I agree to the Terms and Conditions' box, the 'hire *name of freelancer* button is grey and inactive. I can't send the contract through and, therefore, can't hire them. All my billing information is updated and correct, my buisness contact info and address is entered, I'm unsure why this isn't working. 

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2 of 15

Hi Brigid,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. 
Could you please go to Settings > My Info > Company contact > and add your address? If you`re still experiencing the same problem after this, let me know. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Vincent M Member Since: Apr 22, 2020
3 of 15

I am facing the same issue, the button is just greyed out when I try to hire a freelancer.

I have added a payment method and also an address and it is still not working.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 15

Hi Vincent,

I checked and see that you were able to make an offer. Please, let us know if you experience any further issues or need assistance. 

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Eddie F Member Since: Jun 1, 2020
5 of 15

Hi there - I also have the same problem.  Is it because I am on a free trial?

Highlighted
6 of 15

Hi Eddie,

Just to confirm that you can hire freelancers even if you`re on our Basic plan. Could you please confirm if you`re receiving any errors on your end? If yes, please share the error text so that I can assist you further. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Eddie F Member Since: Jun 1, 2020
7 of 15
No error message, just a greyed our ‘hire’ button that is unclickable.
Highlighted
8 of 15

Hi Eddie,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with hiring your freelancer. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Justin L Member Since: May 6, 2020
9 of 15

I am facing this same issue and I have put in my billing infor which is verified, company information including address and phone number, but the final hire button is greyed Did you ever figure this out?

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
10 of 15

Hi Justin, 

I was unable to replicate your issue. Could you please confirm if the issue persists when you clear your cookies or use a different browser?

-Avery
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS