🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: I can't hire a freelancer
Page options
cc17ecce
Community Member

I can't hire a freelancer

I have been trying for the last couple hours to send through a contract to a freelancer to 'hire' them. I reviewed the proposal and pressed 'hire' but I can't complete the form. Once I fill the form out and tick the 'I agree to the Terms and Conditions' box, the 'hire *name of freelancer* button is grey and inactive. I can't send the contract through and, therefore, can't hire them. All my billing information is updated and correct, my buisness contact info and address is entered, I'm unsure why this isn't working. 

19 REPLIES 19
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Brigid,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. 
Could you please go to Settings > My Info > Company contact > and add your address? If you`re still experiencing the same problem after this, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am facing the same issue, the button is just greyed out when I try to hire a freelancer.

I have added a payment method and also an address and it is still not working.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Vincent,

I checked and see that you were able to make an offer. Please, let us know if you experience any further issues or need assistance. 

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi there - I also have the same problem.  Is it because I am on a free trial?

Hi Eddie,

Just to confirm that you can hire freelancers even if you`re on our Basic plan. Could you please confirm if you`re receiving any errors on your end? If yes, please share the error text so that I can assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

No error message, just a greyed our ‘hire’ button that is unclickable.

Hi Eddie,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with hiring your freelancer. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
230a7dce
Community Member

I am facing this same issue and I have put in my billing infor which is verified, company information including address and phone number, but the final hire button is greyed Did you ever figure this out?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Justin, 

I was unable to replicate your issue. Could you please confirm if the issue persists when you clear your cookies or use a different browser?

~ Avery
Upwork
56badf2f
Community Member

Hello, 
I am having the same issue. Ihave address and billing information saved on the account. I also am in a safari browser.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alexandre,

It looks like you were able to send an offer just recently. Feel free to reach back to us if you still need any assistance.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
230a7dce
Community Member

Sorry, I didn't keep track of your follow up responses. Yes my issue has
been resolved. Thanks a lot.
413b725a
Community Member

Hi I am also having that problem the contract button is gray I cant submit the form to hire,

My email is adinjustina88adm@yahoo.com. 

Coach Anthony.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Coach,

Please go to your account settings and choose the tab on the top-left, ''My Info''. Kindly try adding your address details, security question, and phone number in order to fix this error. If the issue persists after this please let us know and our team will assist you further.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
5a453b7e
Community Member

I'm having the same issue? Can anyone help? 

Hi Leah,

I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
shahadat0164
Community Member

Sometime they varify you

fa296c16
Community Member

Hi im facing similar issue with my clint account I have put in my billing infor which is verified, company information including address and phone number, but the final hire button is greyed Did you ever figure this out?

Hi Rizwan,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear you're having trouble making a hire. It looks like you haven't added a billing method to your account yet. Can you please go to Settings > Billing & Payments and try adding one? Don't hesitate to let us know if you're facing any trouble doing so.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths