🐈
» Forums » Clients » I can't log in to Upwork in Chrome with googl...
Page options
3cc07192
Community Member

I can't log in to Upwork in Chrome with google login

Hi,

I used to be able to login to Upwork in Chrome with my google login, but now nothing happens when I hit the button for Google login. In the Upwork login screen, it doesn't say that popups are blocked. I also have popups allowed in Chrome Settings. I think this is an issue with the Upwork login screen, rather than just a Chrome issue, though I can login with Edge.

Rather than spend more time on this issue, I would like to just get a direct password connected to my User rather than use Google. For that, I need to communicate with a live person. However, there does not appear to be any way to contact a live person with Upwork: as far as I can see, my only choices are the community forum and a chat bot. 

Thanks,

Tom

64 REPLIES 64
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Tom.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
39964be7
Community Member

I have the same issue. My Upwork account isnt get login on google chrome. I didnt why this happening.

Would you please help me to resolve this issue.

thanks!

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Muhammad,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

My friend is having same issue. She cannot login her upwork that is why she is also unable to respond on community forum or contact support. Can you please help in this regard.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Quandeel,

Please know that we are not able to discuss any details of another user's account with you because of privacy reasons. Please let your friend know she can reach out to us via our different support channels and we'll be happy to assist her directly.

~Andrea
Upwork
f1802391
Community Member

No you don't need to discuss anything with me. She cannot login so she is unable to contact via support ticket. Can you please tell me any email address by which she can contact support?

Hi Quandeel,

You can advise your friend to reach out to us on any official Upwork social media channels so we can assist them further with the account. You can find the direct links in the footer section here in Community.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi! I have the same problem. I have to use another account to reply to this discussion. What should I do?

Hi Angeli,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you are referring to? 

~ Nikola
Upwork

ask him to use anohter device despite of repeating on same.

Hi, I can't login to upwork. I already cleared the history and allowed all cookies but it still won't log in.

Hi Alyanna,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
nniuq
Community Member

Hi, 

I need to login to my UpWork account. I have a Google Acount, but everything I click login, it says "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account." Then I choose another method of sign in, and it still doesn't work (just takes me back to the main page). 

I created this account to ask this question.

Please help ASAP, I have a project due tomorrow that I can't access due to this issue! Thanks in advance. 

Hi Quinn,

I'd like to look into this for you. Please send me your Upwork registered email and username via PM by clicking on my name so I can check. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
nniuq
Community Member

The registered email is**Edited for community guidelines**and I can't remember my username, but can definitely provide any other information you might need about my
account!

Thank you!
Quinn

Hi Quinn,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
a2ad8c0c
Community Member

Hi,

I am also having the same problem. I cant login off my work laptop. 

Its telling me that I have not verified the google sso method but there is no option I can proceed forward with. Something has gone wrong.

Can you please help?

Hi Timothy,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further. You'll also be able to access the ticket from the notification sent to your email address.

~Andrea
Upwork
9137fb6f
Community Member

I have this same issue. Can someone help me?

Hi Arssine and Tonya,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
7ff0dc3e
Community Member

Hello,

I have the same problem and want to submit a support ticket for this.

Thanks

291ea9ad
Community Member

have the same issue. My Upwork account isnt get login on google chrome. I didnt why this happening.

Would you please help me to resolve this issue.

thanks!

Hi Zen,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
8e9fff01
Community Member

having the same issue here. Google login on Chrome worked fine until about 3 days ago. Then it just stopped, I click and nothing happens. However, I can log in on firefox or on my phone, even though they are a little wonky, I have to select my name twice to get it to go through. Popup blocker is disabled for upwork, so I feel like it must be compatibility with upwork and chrome as I use google login on a lot of other sites and it's fine. Bit annoying to have to switch browsers just for this site, so hopefully it will get sorted soon!

Hi Kathryn,

I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Nikola,

I am having the same issue. Up until today, I have been using UpWork on chrome and it suddenly stopped working and won't let me log in. I've cleared my cache and cookies and that didn't help. 

I am currently using my safari browser to log in but would like to go back to chrome. Would a team member be able to assist with this for me as well?

Thank you!

Hi Desmond,

I'm sorry to hear that. Have you tried to check if you have the latest version of Google Chrome? Also, was there an error message when you tried to log in to your Upwork account using the Google Chrome browser?

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Walker,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via email to assist you with accessing your account. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi @Kathryn B 

Method 1: Hard Refresh (CTRL+SHIFT+R) Temporary Solution

Method 2: Add [*.]upwork.com in Chrome Browser Javascript Settings
Settings -> Privacy and security -> Site Settings -> JavaScript->Allow-ADD - > A popup opens and enter this text [*.]upwork.com
(chrome://settings/content/javascript)

I had the same issue, After Clearing the browser cache with Hard Refresh (CTRL+SHIFT+R)

I was able to log in. But after some days I was unable to log in again on Chrome.

After following the second method the issue solved permanently.

Upwork Chrome Browser Login Issue Solved

matthewjralston
Community Member

Same thing here. I can't log in to my profile settings. It requires a non google sign in which i don't have a password for. if I choose reset, it emails me, i click the link which doesn't allow me to reset it only asks me to log in with google. if i try without google it asks again for the password and around again. 

Hi Matthew,

I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
b59ee59b
Community Member

I have the same issue. I can't log in to my Upwork account through google chrome on the desktop.

Please help me!

Hi Gagandeeep,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via email to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork
0ec19796
Community Member

I have the same issue. I can't log in to my Upwork account through google chrome on the desktop.

Please help me!

I am using a new account even to post this.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Naman, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you directly to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
0a5fb86b
Community Member

The same issue at my PC too, it works in Edge and on my Laptop but I can't Login on my Desktop using chrome.

Thank you in advance,

Jamal

Hi Jamal,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this. A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
0ec19796
Community Member

Hi Avery,

I didn't receive any customer support...

How will they reach out to me? I checked emails and upwork notifications... Nothing is there!

Latest Articles
Learning Paths