🐈
» Forums » Clients » I can't log in to Upwork in Chrome with googl...
Page options
3cc07192
Community Member

I can't log in to Upwork in Chrome with google login

Hi,

I used to be able to login to Upwork in Chrome with my google login, but now nothing happens when I hit the button for Google login. In the Upwork login screen, it doesn't say that popups are blocked. I also have popups allowed in Chrome Settings. I think this is an issue with the Upwork login screen, rather than just a Chrome issue, though I can login with Edge.

Rather than spend more time on this issue, I would like to just get a direct password connected to my User rather than use Google. For that, I need to communicate with a live person. However, there does not appear to be any way to contact a live person with Upwork: as far as I can see, my only choices are the community forum and a chat bot. 

Thanks,

Tom

64 REPLIES 64

Hi Naman,

Thank you for your message. I have followed up with the team and one of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Nobody reached out man. My primary account can't be logged in on chrome...

I already sent you a personal message as well, Pradeep!

Hi Naman,

Thank you for your message. I have followed up with the support team and they have reached you via a support ticket here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
0e08b86f
Community Member

I had this problem a few moments ago but I got it solved!

My solution: disable all the extensions and click the 'Continue with Google' button and, voila! The pop-up window is back!

You can enable the extensions you need after the login.

I had tried all other options before and still couldn't login with Google on Chrome. Your method has worked for me. Thank you!

54ad683e
Community Member

Ihave same problem. So i have no choice but creationg new account to comunicate with upwork.

I couldn't find any support address to contact with.

The problem is, when i click to login with Google account, nothing happend.

It seems there is a problem with popups , but i try other websites and there is no roblem there.

I also clear all cashe and browsing and coockies and try again. But i still have same problem. 

how can i recover my old profile?

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please send me the details of the account that needs to be recovered? You can send me a PM by clicking on my name.

~ AJ
Upwork
4b08cb90
Community Member

I have the same issue, had to create a new account to write this.

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you are referring to?

~ Nikola
Upwork
cb235deb
Community Member

I have the exact same issue, so I had to create a new account to post here. Please reach out to me so I can get onto my original account. 

Thank you. Mariko

Hi Mariko,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information about the account you're referring to? 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
cb235deb
Community Member

Thank you, Luiggi. I messaged you directly.

Mariko

ab991ace
Community Member

Hi,

I need help to sign out of all my devices. It seems like my account is compromised and that someone is accessing it.

Please help urgently.

Hi Nikita,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. 

~ AJ
Upwork

Why to sign out of all your devices. if It seems that your account is compromised and that someone is accessing it, you are needed to change your email ID password, and login again. While loging again you must get a pop-up (sign out of all....) etc. I am sure if you have your email ids and passwords you can easily make your accounts safe. hope answe the question.

Please help urgently.

b66228b7
Community Member

I have the same issue , I am not able to login my upwork account using email or google login.

Hi Lavesh,

Thanks for reaching out. Are you referring to the account you're using right now? I can see that this is a newly created account. If you're referring to another account, please share the details with me via PM. You can click on my name and then on "Send a message."

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie, I'm facing the same issue and I can't find the Send A Message button on your profile. Can you please PM me so that I can send you the other account that I'm trying to log in to?

Hi Nihongo,

You should be able to do it now. Can you try sending me a message with the details of that account?

~ Luiggi
Upwork
1a8b4e24
Community Member

Hi! I have the same problem as well, but on Firefox. I logged in with google, but the Upwork login does not work. I am using an alternate email (using the '+1' feature of gmail) for this post.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Abhishek,

I see that you've recently raised a support ticket regarding your concern. As soon as the next available agent gets your ticket in their queue, they'll contact you to assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
54cf1142
Community Member

Hi Upwork,

I cannot login to my freelance account. See below copy;

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Since I have changed my account from gmail to yahoo, I cannot login to my upwork account anymore. So I have to make another freelance Upwork account to report this incident.

Hoping for your immediate action.

Please help........ 

Cecil F. Ishibashi

Hi Cecil,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble accessing your Upwork account. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Upwork
andreabogota2014
Community Member

Hi, I am having the same issue, I can't use Google Chrome to log in, all options are in gray out, I have Chrome as my default browser and I would like to continue using it, please assist. Thank you!

Hi Luz,

I can see that you were able to log in via Google Sign-in just recently. Have you tried clearing your Google Chrome's cache cookies? Let us know if the issue persists afterward; we'll look further into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths