🐈
» Forums » Clients » I can't log on to elance
Page options
4cbc7f3f
Community Member

I can't log on to elance

We'd like to get on to our messages on our elance account. Our user/password doesn't work. Following the "forgot" link doesn't appear to do anything although it does claim to have sent an email.

We created a new upwork account with the same user name and that worked. I can't imagine why. But whatever. I don't really care 🙂 I do care about getting my files again if I can. That'd be cool.

3 REPLIES 3
kat303
Community Member

@Charles W wrote:

We'd like to get on to our messages on our elance account. Our user/password doesn't work. Following the "forgot" link doesn't appear to do anything although it does claim to have sent an email.

We created a new upwork account with the same user name and that worked. I can't imagine why. But whatever. I don't really care 🙂 I do care about getting my files again if I can. That'd be cool.

Elance is no more. It doesn't exist. All freelancers were given amplt time (I think it was at least 6 months if not more) to move their profiles and all their files onto this site. And that was more then a year ago. For freelancers who haven't done that, it is too late to retrieve anything, (files, profiles, feedback etc) from Elance.

jcullinan
Community Member

See the official announcement regarding the final closure here: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Announcements/Elance-Site-Shutdown-Feb-21-2018/m-p/453549

That's pretty funny. Oh well! I didn't get any prior notices on this because I shut off emails from Elance. They sent entirely too many fluff (spam) emails and there was no way of shutting that off entirely. My guess is that Upwork will be the same and will get shut off the same way. Marketing people really don't seem to get it! "You haven't logged on in 2 months - are you sure you don't want us?" Yup. Positive. What kind of a hit rate do you get on those, anyway? 2%? And you think that annoying 98% of the people is a worthwhile tradeoff? I don't! Ahem. Sorry! Rant off! Regardless (I love both how this is kind of rambling and all bunched in one paragraph thus making the liklihood that it gets read all of the way through rather low!) of that, hey! I do this stuff for a living 🙂 "It's shut off forever" isn't how the world actually works. But I get it, totally. I'm not going to be able to motivate them to get my data. No worries - it's not a great app anyway!

Latest Articles
Learning Paths